Return to Index  

Well that WAS quick guys!

August 28 2017 at 10:56 PM
No score for this post
Kevin D  (no login)

Response to a few more historical details

Thanks Nuyt and Nelson!

But am I to interpret from your reply Nuyt that this is them leaving a camp in the early war years? Or after being liberated? Japs certainly look pretty 'kowtowed' to me for being early in war is all. That is, I interpreted this pic to wars end, after surrender.

And speaking of GG Starkenborg Stachouwer:

That is one of what I consider the many bug-bears in Tom Womack's book of some years ago now, (which IMO should / could have been the definitive account on the fall of the Indies, but wasn't, again only IMO), and that is every time he uses the above's name, which is often, he use it in full, instead of once introducing him as such, just uses the shortened / abbreviated ‘Stachouwer’ to refer to the individual. But that’s just me, but is not the only criticism I have of that book, if I dare say so here. But all credit to him after all, at least he wrote the / a book (which is far more than I can say I ever attempted)!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Well that WAS quick guys! - Nelson on Aug 29, 2017, 7:57 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement