Well that WAS quick guys!August 28 2017 at 10:56 PM
No score for this post
|Kevin D (no login)|
Response to a few more historical details
Thanks Nuyt and Nelson!
But am I to interpret from your reply Nuyt that this is them leaving a camp in the early war years? Or after being liberated? Japs certainly look pretty 'kowtowed' to me for being early in war is all. That is, I interpreted this pic to wars end, after surrender.
And speaking of GG Starkenborg Stachouwer:
That is one of what I consider the many bug-bears in Tom Womack's book of some years ago now, (which IMO should / could have been the definitive account on the fall of the Indies, but wasn't, again only IMO), and that is every time he uses the above's name, which is often, he use it in full, instead of once introducing him as such, just uses the shortened / abbreviated ‘Stachouwer’ to refer to the individual. But that’s just me, but is not the only criticism I have of that book, if I dare say so here. But all credit to him after all, at least he wrote the / a book (which is far more than I can say I ever attempted)!
Re: Well that WAS quick guys! - Nelson on Aug 29, 2017, 7:57 AM
- NOT the same photo - Nelson on Aug 29, 2017, 8:46 AM
- Agreed re 'dating' of photo. - Kevin D on Aug 29, 2017, 9:15 AM
- Re: Agreed on ‘dating’ of photo - Nelson on Aug 29, 2017, 3:57 PM
- Agreed, again. ;-) n/t - Kevin D on Aug 29, 2017, 4:49 PM
- And some time earlier in the day / week............ - Kevin D on Aug 30, 2017, 12:04 PM
- And even earlier yet in Batavia - Nelson on Aug 30, 2017, 5:23 PM