Return to Index  

Marmon Herrington MK III Armoured Cars Malaya - Singapore 1941 - 1942

February 12 2018 at 2:22 AM
No score for this post
Luigi  (no login)

Response to Lanchester 6x4 armoured car and Vickers LMG(?) in Malaya

FE-482 is very similar to FE-481. I have no means of putting photos on this so - FE-482 looks like the same group of Marmon Herrington MK III Armoured Cars most likely in Singapore. However, the photo is taken from ground level. The same white building, or a building that looks very much like the one in the distance in FE-481 appears in FE-482

I notice in the photo of the model Kiwi Marmon Herrington MK II, your model does not have the sand chutes (ditching boards). Could that be because the Kiwis were about to go to Greece? I believe you will find all South African Marmon-Herrington MK II and MK III Armoured Cars used in North Africa were overall one colour. The British used camouflage patterns from the King's Dragoon Guards in late 1940 until Tunisia. However, that's straying from Malaya - Singapore

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• Marmon Herrington Mk II armoured car lacking unditching gear - Nelson on Feb 12, 2018, 10:34 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement