Respond to this message
Return to Index
Additional info re Houston's 5" ammo?
Melmoth the Wanderer (DMKjr) (
Posted Oct 27, 2011 3:53 AM
1) Not ALL of the replenished 5" ammo acquired by HOUSTON at Tjilatjap came from BOISE either.
2) BOISE replenished herself with about 10 tons of rock acquired at Tjilatjap, which was used as ballast and for covering areas of the bottom spaces affected by her grounding damage.
3) However, aboard HOUSTON the men handling these 5" projectiles knew the difference easily, as their caps were not the same color.
4) The news of HOUSTON's AA projectile problems reached the US media--in newpapers--sometime before the ship was lost. I am certain the vector for this leak was one of her aviators.
5) By Feb 27th, though, it didn't matter...
MthW/Don Kehn, Jr.
You are not logged in
Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.
Enable formatted text
Also send responses to my email address