<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

ML-KNIL PILOT Jan Dekeling

May 30 2015 at 11:55 AM
No score for this post
Rohan  (Login Houwitser)

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any information on my Mum's Uncle Jan Dekeling who served as a fighter pilot in Brewster Buffalo's with 1-VLG-V in the ML-KNIL?
I'm particularly seeking information on his service post his escape from Java. From what I know he escaped to Australia as Java fell but I'm not sure what he did after that. eg Did he serve in one of the RAAF (NEI) Squadrons or was he a Trainer etc?

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers,

Rohan

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rohan
(Login Houwitser)

Re: ML-KNIL PILOT Jan Dekeling

No score for this post
June 11 2016, 12:52 PM 

Anyone?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Peter Boer
(Login Peterboer)

Jan Dekeling

No score for this post
June 11 2016, 3:27 PM 

Hi Rohan,

Sorry I missed your earlier message. I have mentioned many of the operational flights of Jan Dekeling, a Brewster 339 fighter pilot, in my books The Loss of Java (NUS Press, Singapore, 2011) and Aircraft of the Netherlands East Indies Army Air Corps in crisis and war times, February 1937-June 1942 (Batavian Lion International, Amsterdam-Berlin 2016). You can find short operational histories of the units he flew in these books too.

According to my data he was not evacuated to Australia but became a POW in Java.

Regards,
Peter

Rohan
(Login Houwitser)

Re: Jan Dekeling

No score for this post
June 15 2016, 1:04 PM 

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it mate. I own a copy of the book "The Loss Of Java" and will also try to buy a copy of the other one. It makes sense now that he was imprisoned in Java. My Mum said his health was poor after WW2.

Cheers,

Rohan

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement