Welcome to the BC Senior Hockey fan forum. This is a place to follow your favorite Senior hockey teams in the Central Interior Hockey League and the rest of the the Province. The only rule on here is that you keep your posts clean. Remember this is a place for every member of the family.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

demons vs pr

October 11 2008 at 11:16 PM
No score for this post
  (Login oldzebra)
from IP address 216.232.248.43

who won tonite in pr

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login angelforReal)

thats what i'd like too know

No score for this post
October 11 2008, 11:24 PM 

im waiting for a call to but man i think the guys won for sure......

Spabb
(Login Spabb)

Demons 4, Rupert 2

No score for this post
October 11 2008, 11:32 PM 

Really good game for the first one in Rupert. The Rampage kept it close and it was 2-2 late in the second when Kitimat scored with 36.8 seconds left to lead 3-2 going into the third. While Kitimat added another, Rupert had plenty of opportunities and looked to pull to within one late in the third, but the goal was called back as the play was offside. Great game, and one fight at the end. The arena was pretty much a sellout, so close to 1,000 people.

(Login angelforReal)

geee let me guess who it was fighting

No score for this post
October 11 2008, 11:41 PM 

my first guess would be #8, or 6?? or #4 lol

(Login Spabb)

Guess again...

No score for this post
October 11 2008, 11:53 PM 

The fight was between #3 for the Ice Demons (Geoff Morgan according to their site) and #15 for the Rampage (Dan Wright)

(Login angelforReal)

lmfao

No score for this post
October 12 2008, 12:00 AM 

oh ok, lmfao sorry guys
love you guy anyways

CIHL1fan
(Login CIHL1fan)

#3 Kitimat

No score for this post
October 12 2008, 1:19 AM 

#3 was actually Ian Buick. From what I've heard Geoff Morgan is playing for the Spruce Kings.

Game was pretty good. Questionable calls on both sides. Some he called quick, some he didn't call at all. Fight was good. Buick killed #15! #15 gave up.

One goal for Kitimat called off - high stick and one goal for PR called off. Not sure why. Kitimat was missing some key players and didn't quite look like themselves. Good game over all.

(Login rampage17)

REFS SUCKED LIKE HELL

No score for this post
October 11 2008, 11:28 PM 

PR did great they were on kitacrap the whole game the refs made me puke there refing sucks monkey **lls and didnt ,count 1 of rampge goals and that number 3 is pretty coky

(Login angelforReal)

aww man ****ty

No score for this post
October 11 2008, 11:34 PM 

ya something like that always happens either with fights or ****ty refs (agianst/hurting our guys)

eddy
(Login wannaref)

refs sucked?

Score 4.0 (1 person)
October 13 2008, 9:38 AM 

Hey there........just wondering about the refs. Are the guys working these games the same young fella's who work BCHL (Quesnel & Prince George etc?) or are they some older but qualified officials who have been around quite awile?

eddy

(Login angelforReal)

what time are they coming in?

No score for this post
October 12 2008, 12:19 AM 

must be in by now ??? or what?? wheres the party guys where is the party???

kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

A thousand muisy fans...

No score for this post
October 12 2008, 3:10 AM 

and nobody went home too disappointed, as far as I could see...'cept maybe Rampage 3000, who guaranteed a win on opening night for Prince Rupert.

But it just wasn't to be, as Demons prevailed in the third for a 4-2 win.

Quite different from the two games in Kitimat. Demons missing Mildenberger, Hewitson, Bossence, Wakita which called for shuffled lines across the board. The Rampage wanted to impress their fans, and truth to tell they did, with some pretty hard hitting and more good goatending from Keith Movald. Shots in the game were 28-16 in favour of the Demons; and penalty minutes, 23 mins Demons, 17 minutes the Rampage.

Kitimat seemed a bit off their usual game, but credit to the Rampage who pushed back and checked hard.

There was no scoring until the 13th minute of the first when Greg Sabey scored to give Demons a lead (Doug Wilson, Nick Smeader)and it
looked like that would stay that way into the second, but Dan Wright forechecking stole a puck off a Demons stick at the blue line ans allowed in alone to put a low one under Brett Vilness, with 1.10 left in the period

Kitimat went ahead again on a point shot from Doug Wilson set up by Mike Fisk
off a faceoff.Darrell Stacesmith got that one back with assists to Travis Holland and Dustin Lorette, with six seconds left in a two man advantage for the Rampage.

Blaine Markwart got what turned out to be the game winning goal on the power play for Kitimat with only .36 second left in the second period. The game was the first for Markwart, one of Demons' perennial leading goal scorers, since the 2006-07 season. He had a knee operation last summer and missed the entire season. Welcome back to Blaine, who played cautiously but gave the knee a good test. Terry Whelan and Greg Sabey assisted.

In the third period the insurance goal was scored on a one-timer by Terry Whelan, set up in the right circle by Greg Sabey. A second assist went to Nick Smeader.

The game also featured a scrap between Adam (Ian's son) Buick and Dan Wright
which I have to give to Adam on lots of points.

If I can make one comment, the Rampage will need to focus more on passes and shots and less on running guys on the boards, but This was a fun game, very rough and these Rampage players will -- I repeat -- win some games this season, if they continue to improve and play hockey.

Brent Andrew refereed.

kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

Noisy, noisy -- Weird fingers on typewriter .....

No score for this post
October 12 2008, 3:15 AM 

this early in the morning -- that should have read "One thousand NOISY fans... and no one went home disappointed..."

rusty
(Login greenandblack)
BC Senior Forum Mods

Re: Noisy, noisy -- Weird fingers on typewriter .....

No score for this post
October 13 2008, 9:49 AM 

eddy, to answer your question the refs are generally local guys who have the qualification (on paper) to ref senior hockey. There are afew guys who officiate the BCHL/WHL, but those guys are usually only brought in to Vanderhoof and Houston. The expense of paying for these guys to go any further is just to much for most teams when they can find guys in thier back yard. Kitimat did bring them in for the finals last year though. I find the biggest difference between the local guy and the more experienced guy is the communication with the players.

Current Topic - demons vs pr
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement