Welcome to the BC Senior Hockey fan forum. This is a place to follow your favorite Senior hockey teams in the Central Interior Hockey League and the rest of the the Province. The only rule on here is that you keep your posts clean. Remember this is a place for every member of the family.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Any games at all on internet radio tonight ?

January 31 2009 at 12:01 PM
No score for this post
Bobby  (Login rcodd)
from IP address 24.85.205.195

is yes, please post the link(s).

also, why is HOU playing its' home game(s) in B.L. this weekend ?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
frank
(Login frankcaprice)

hey dipsh*t

No score for this post
January 31 2009, 12:20 PM 

if you can write, surely you can read. Both of your posts have been covered. If you are that bored, I have some laundry that needs to be done, and my driveway could use a sanding.

Bobby
(Login rcodd)

I see.. jan 27 - atom tourny in HOU..

No score for this post
January 31 2009, 2:47 PM 

and a week or two ago for the peaks weblink . peak message the last few days didnt have the link. went back a week or so, but it is there. you are right. i was too lazy to read. is your team still in the hunt for the cup ?

frank
(Login frankcaprice)

my team

No score for this post
January 31 2009, 4:08 PM 

the 'nucks are always in the hunt for the cup! But seriously, if you mean the CIHL championship, it would pay for you to know that every team makes the playoffs and no one has been eliminated, so in that sense, yes, my team is still in the hunt. can't help being a smartass witht the ammo yer given me here bobby.

Bobby
(Login rcodd)

i dont know enough about the cihl.

No score for this post
January 31 2009, 4:40 PM 

i grew up in HOU in the 1970's, but have been in the vancouver area the last 28 years. i was a major luckies fan in the 70's and even played a handful of games for them when i was in high school mid to late 70's. 8 teams should not all make it, it should be 6 maximum. from what i read, in the end it should be a SMI/KIT final with KIT winning in 3.

kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

Playoffs...

No score for this post
January 31 2009, 5:20 PM 

I can go through the logic of this again from the annual meeting.

The league has played various numbers of games in the regular season in recent years - from 16, to 20 to 18 this season. Last year we tried the bye, but it resulted in a very lengthy layover of three weeks for the league winning team and the winner of the other division.

It was determied that it was preferable to give all teams in an eight team league a spot in the playoffs, and at least one extra revenue night in a short season.

That was the basis of the thinking...however, moving the playoffs makes it a bit squeaky for Coy Cup representation, especially if the championship runner up challenger, who will travel to the higher team's arena to play in the finals, has a three game experience. The Coy Cup starts on the Tuesday following the final Sunday game.

It's a tougher schedule, but with nothing settled, two fourth place teams have at least one more game tonight.

Wyldsyd
(Login GrampaVrod)

So Papa how different was the

No score for this post
January 31 2009, 5:38 PM 

So how different was the lay off from previous seasons between the playoffs and regualr seasons than the lengthy time between the last part of the "regular" season and the playoffs for the demons?

Seems to me with the scheduling it didn't matter for SOME teams.... so the regular season turned into a 18 game pre-season... with either a slow start for some teams or a long wait at the end of the season... Can;t wait to see next years schedule...eh Luis? Hopefully the teams/arenas.. cooperate so we can have ablanced schedule... and if you need help..you know where to find me.

See ya at the Game Papahewie.. I kid of course.. anyway travel safe people...good luck Terrace on both your endeavors tonight cheering for you... and Smithers44 the words are coming... (I even have a sign made.. course if you guys can't get past (Houston)(the Ice)(or The PUddle) I'll just post it in the window of the Alpenhorn... are you ready to hear em? HA

The drive for FIVE continues... Go demons...

LATER

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement