Welcome to the BC Senior Hockey fan forum. This is a place to follow your favorite Senior hockey teams in the Central Interior Hockey League and the rest of the the Province. The only rule on here is that you keep your posts clean. Remember this is a place for every member of the family.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

terrace vs powell river

March 3 2009 at 8:49 PM
No score for this post
rusty  (Login greenandblack)
BC Senior Forum Mods
from IP address 206.53.153.76

1-1 after first.lots of chances on the pp for the regals but great goaltending for terrace kept this game close early. Terrace is hanging with them 5. On 5. The regals will contend in this tourny. Very polished team.

Go Stamps Go!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Plastic Wrap
(Login HankYarbo)

Re: terrace vs powell river

No score for this post
March 3 2009, 8:53 PM 

The pictures on the Terrace Daily site show some pretty empty stands. What have the numbers been like for the first couple of games?

rusty
(Login greenandblack)
BC Senior Forum Mods

No score for this post
March 3 2009, 9:22 PM 

4-1 PR. Two pp goals and one even up.10 min to go in second.

Probably 300 fans at early game and 600 at late... Just guesses

Go Stamps Go!

rusty
(Login greenandblack)
BC Senior Forum Mods

No score for this post
March 3 2009, 9:44 PM 

5-1 after two.

Go Stamps Go!

lager
(Login streaking)

No score for this post
March 3 2009, 10:07 PM 

Good to see the kids coming through. Lots of hockey and a couple of good teams to play yet.

rusty
(Login greenandblack)
BC Senior Forum Mods

No score for this post
March 3 2009, 11:05 PM 

Left early... Anyone know the final score?

Go Stamps Go!

galahead
(Login oswaldkobblepot)

No score for this post
March 4 2009, 8:15 AM 

final score was 7-1 powell river. the regals had 5 power play goals. the terrace paper seem to say the river kings got quite chippy at the end taking dumb penalties.

(Login 392ci)

chippy

No score for this post
March 4 2009, 9:10 AM 

NO really how surprising

rusty
(Login greenandblack)
BC Senior Forum Mods

Re: chippy

No score for this post
March 4 2009, 11:58 AM 

From what I saw the kings were just a step behind the regals and took a lot of penalties trying to keep up. They were clearly getting frusterated once the score got to 3-1.

Go Stamps Go!

lager
(Login tedlindsay)

No score for this post
March 4 2009, 6:34 PM 

I heard the numbers were very low for the two games played yesterday. Can anyone tell me exactly how many were at both and why there was no one there. You would think with Terrace in the running for Hockeyville - the crowds should have been a lot bigger. What does the arena hold and will they fill it on Saturday night? Wow. Am I wrong here or was it predictable?

galahead
(Login oswaldkobblepot)

No score for this post
March 4 2009, 6:51 PM 

terrace fans only show up to the arena for games when the cbc cameras are there to record them.

galahead
(Login oswaldkobblepot)

No score for this post
March 4 2009, 7:01 PM 

sorry terrace fans, that was just too easy.
hey lager, you from powell river? what kind of crowds did your regals draw this season? in williams lake we had a crowd of 600, and i know smithers, terrace, prince rupert, kitimat and houston all had crowds of close to or over 1,000.
i think the terrace arena holds 1,000 fans. someone in one of the posts thought there were 300 and 600 at the two games yesterday

go stamps go wahoo

lager
(Login tedlindsay)

Sorry it took so long to get back

No score for this post
March 5 2009, 7:38 AM 

Our numbers were low. Our biggest crowd was about 500 in a three team league in it's first year. Attendance at the Allan Cup in 2006 was in the neighbourhood of 700 for non Regal games and sold out for the Regals. Bulging for the final. The point was though that Terrace is gunning for Hockeyville...that is hockey crazy. I was just wondering if this is normal Terrace or is something else going on? Sorry, didn't mean to hit a nerve.

nitehawk
(Login nitehawkbc)

Terrible turnout

No score for this post
March 4 2009, 7:37 PM 

Terrible turnout for Terrace last night. You would think with Terrace never have played Powell River and "being" Hockeyville that the stands would have been full. What a joke. First period last night went well the the goon show started and Terrace whining. Glad that PR kicked their backside.

(Login 392ci)

terrace fans

No score for this post
March 5 2009, 8:52 AM 

i think it is a product of the team alot of the games turn into a gong show.

rusty
(Login greenandblack)
BC Senior Forum Mods

Re: terrace fans

No score for this post
March 5 2009, 11:39 AM 

I agree... More a product of the team. They play a dirty game that results in a parade to the box game after game. It's not a tough style game either just slashes behind the play and cheap garbage.

Go Stamps Go!

steely-on
(Login Steely-on)

In The CIHL.......

No score for this post
March 5 2009, 12:16 PM 

Terrace and Vanderhoff ended in last place of their division because of the Cheap **** that they do.......

I think if the Omenica Ice would of devoted their time to playing hockey, instead of cooking the books and head hunting there would of been a different out come in the East......

The Queens if they would have cut the cheap **** would have gone one more series, but still would not of beat the Demons, no depth for the Queens.

Both these teams will not get any better until they change....

The Queens have a Golden opportunity to watch and learn, the three other teams in the Coycup all have speed and skill and if it gets physical, they will handle that too.

To me the biggest upset was the closeness of the game between the Kings and the Stampeders. The Stamps should of kicked ass by 10 goals.
The Kings could of stole that game if they would of resorted to Skill instead of crap....

(Login 392ci)

river kings

No score for this post
March 5 2009, 1:33 PM 

i think you give the puddle too much credit to win by 10 goals, your just a bit of sour grapes,maybe if a little of their attitude rubbed off on the humpies there they might have been playing now.

galahead
(Login oswaldkobblepot)

Re: river kings

No score for this post
March 5 2009, 3:02 PM 

probably the reason the score was that close was cause the stamps had their backup goaltender in net, richard ward. no offence to richard but he did have a very bad 6.00+ g.a.a. during the regular season and hadn't played a game in several months. game would have been more like 9-3 or 9-4 otherwise

go stamps go

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement