crowds-notes etcMarch 5 2009 at 10:35 AM
No score for this post
|Coy Cup (Login coycup09)|
from IP address 184.108.40.206
I'd like to offer a few comments based on what Ive seen so far this week
1) Great hockey. for the most part the "Big Three" have played hard and played well. The hockey has been skilled and for the most part, clean.
2) Terrace has some skill but not much depth. Some of the younger guys need to sit down and shut up and learn, some of the older guys may be hearing the fat lady singing as far as being able to play at this level. They were not out of last nights goalfest against the "Puddle" and hit goal posts at some very bad times, otherwise, they might have stole it..
3) Powell- fast, skilled, great puck movement- teams playing them would be advised to stay out of the penalty box- 3 strong goaltenders
4) Williams lake- strong, hard working, cohesive and gritty. Teams playing them should never count them out or take them for granted.
5) Kitimat- playing with a real edge and some fire in the belly. Slowing down a step or two but still have speed on the sides and a solid D including goaltending. You are the Champ until someone beats you and that has to be respected.
6) Crowds- please, lets leave this "supposed to be Hockeyville" thing out of it. Hockeyville has been an amazing community spirt raising expereince and was more about community than how many people can you fit in the rink.
This town has been on Hockeville overtime for last 6 weeks and may be a little tired. Personally, I hope they were all home voting for the last two days and will resond for the semsis and finals.
Powell v Williams Lake- winner should get the bye to the big dance
Terrace v Kitimat- what can you say, a great show no matter what sport, what time of year and what's at stake.
Drop the puck already and lets play HOCKEY!
|Go Terrace Go|
crowdNo score for this post
|March 5 2009, 11:19 AM |
I think the organizers are a little to blame for the small crowd sizes. At $12 a game for all ages who can afford to go to all the games. I forsee sold out crowds on Friday and Saturday night. Although if Terrace isn't in the final and with a UFC fight on Saturday night that might make for a little smaller crowd.
price correctionNo score for this post
|March 5 2009, 1:08 PM |
The round robin games are 8 bucks for one game and 12 for two which is pretty good value for money. Semis and finals are 12 bucks each. Someone charged me 8 bucks for a pint of beer at a local restaraunt last week so I'm thinking 12 dollars for 3 hours of top level hockey is a fairly good price.
The one thing that may be problematic is the Hockeyville announcement of Saturday night. I'm hoping that doesn't draw people away from the arena and the finals.
|Current Topic - crowds-notes etc|