Welcome to the BC Senior Hockey fan forum. This is a place to follow your favorite Senior hockey teams in the Central Interior Hockey League and the rest of the the Province. The only rule on here is that you keep your posts clean. Remember this is a place for every member of the family.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

CIHL on hockey db..... CIHL hall of fame?

August 23 2009 at 5:55 PM
No score for this post
(Login brock69)
from IP address 207.34.180.3

The CIHL has been a legitimate league for years now, but why hasn't it been added to Hockeydb? It would be pretty awesome to also have the option, along with pointstreak, to have the league recognized by the largest online hockey data base in the entire world. Currently I'm working on looking into how to add players/teams/leagues as we post.

Also another thing, if the CIHL had a hall of fame.. what players would be in it? I know one for sure would have to be Doug Wilson (who has been apparently nicknamed "Iron Man") I have been a fan of his for years and its sad to here him hang up the skates but if there was a Hall of Fame Doug "Iron Man" Wilson would definitely be the latest inductee.

B69, CIHL Network Representative.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rusty
(Login greenandblack)
BC Senior Forum Mods

Re: CIHL on hockey db..... CIHL hall of fame?

No score for this post
August 23 2009, 7:52 PM 

Doug Wilson? To make a hall of fame you would have to do more then Doug. He has been a committed, hard working reasonably solid defenseman for along time, but hall of fame material? I don't think a guy like that has the credentials for that. If I was thinking hall of fame level players for the CIHL I would think guys like Don Kenzel, Dave Wilejto, Francis Johnson as no brainers and possibly guys like Craig Hewitson, Blain Markwart, Jeff Mildenberger (eventually) and Jamie Moran. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but if you look a professional hall of fames you have to be able to back up leadership and longevitity with offensive numbers aswell.

Go Stamps Go!

B
(Login brock69)

Re: CIHL on hockey db..... CIHL hall of fame?

No score for this post
August 23 2009, 11:14 PM 

Yeah but Doug "Iron Man" Wilson has character and he played deep into his 50's. Some of these guys are definitly snipers and possibly all future hall of famers but they still have a few years left. Steve Wilejto perhaps in the future as well. You have to retire before inducted into the hall of fame.

- B69, CIHL NETWORK.

kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

Don't want to weigh in on Hall of Fame debate...

No score for this post
August 24 2009, 8:33 AM 

...but my best feeling is that Dougie ain't quite 50 yet...could be wrong...

P.W
(Login 2lipsahoy)

Doug"the tube" Wilson...

No score for this post
August 24 2009, 2:43 PM 

Just had a birthday and he is now 46,he just looks 56.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement