Welcome to the BC Senior Hockey fan forum. This is a place to follow your favorite Senior hockey teams in the Central Interior Hockey League and the rest of the the Province. The only rule on here is that you keep your posts clean. Remember this is a place for every member of the family.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

All CIHL

August 30 2009 at 12:39 PM
No score for this post
  (Login brock69)
from IP address 205.193.82.252

If you could assemble a list of active/ non- active CIHL'ers to assemble an All Star team... Who might you include on your club? And also has the league ever thought of doing that and having an exibition game against some "AAA" organizations? I think it would be very interesting to see the results. I know the positions of these players may not be 100 percent correct but I'd set it up similar to this...

Team Central Interior

My team would include:

First Line:

RW Steve Wilejto (Burns Lake)
C Hewitson (Kitimat)
LW Amedee Marshall (Wolverines)

Second Line:

RW Wilfred Robbins (Williams Lake)
C Francis Johnson (Williams Lake)
Lw Dan Dykens (Smithers)

Third Line:

RW Curtis Cardinal (Prince Rupert)
C Steve Cullis (Terrace)
LW Stu Barnes (Hazelton)

4th Line

RW Nate Macnamara (Terrace) - *For Grit*
C Tyler Walsh (Omineca)
LW Colt Stava (Prince Rupert)

Defense:

1- Millenbrunner (Kitimat), Dave Wilejto (Burns Lake)
2- Ian Smith (Smithers), Doug Wilson (Kitimat)
3- Steven Little (Houston), Dave Gordin (Omineca)

Goalies-

1st String- Jamie Moran (Kitimat)
2nd- Willie Sellars (Williams Lake)
3rd- Jamie Deba (Smithers)

Honorable Mentions- Matthew Wolfenden (Hazelton), Adam Buick (Kitimat) -For grit on the 4th line, Dennis Olson (Smithers), Aaron Zurak (Williams Lake)

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
helmethead11
(Login helmethead11)

Re: All CIHL

No score for this post
August 30 2009, 12:59 PM 

Good subject. One thing though, Steve Little is not a Dman, he is a forward. And Last I heard he was playing for the Braves?? And Amedee Marshall, does he even play hockey anymore?

helmethead11
(Login helmethead11)

No score for this post
August 30 2009, 1:00 PM 

Oh, and Dave Gordin is hanging them up this year for some wierd reason...

brock
(Login brock69)

No score for this post
August 30 2009, 2:13 PM 

I'm pretty sure Steve played D in junior at least for a bit. As you may note I did say positions may not be exact and that they include active and non active players...

(Login brock69)

yaeh

No score for this post
August 30 2009, 2:30 PM 

My bad it looks like Steve didn't play any D in junior... for some reason I swear I've seen him as a defensemen...

(Login brock69)

Re: yaeh

No score for this post
August 30 2009, 2:34 PM 

Oh and about Am Marshall, yeah he does still play... not as much though as he used to and I'm not even sure if he'll be playing this season or not, but in the Wolverines fisrt two seasons he was one of the deadliest players in the league in my opinion. Now I have heard that he was out of shape and uncertain about his future with the Wolverines... Might have to substitue his brother Mitch in for him

rusty
(Login greenandblack)
BC Senior Forum Mods

No score for this post
August 30 2009, 4:12 PM 

That's a pretty greasy 4th line. I think you need to get around the league alittle more.

1st Line
Steve Wilejto(bl) Francis Johnson(wl) Pual Girodat(omi)
2nd line
Blair Dinelle(hou) John Marren(hou) Wilfred Robbins(wl)
3rd line
Curtis Cardinal(pr) Terry Whelan(kit) Nathan Zurak(wl)
4th line
Steve Cullis(ter) Derek Dinelle(hou) Dave Boon(omi)

Defence
Jeff Mildenberger(kit) Aaron Zurak(wl)
Brent McIsaac(wl) Dave Wilejto(bl)
Dustin Erickson(omi) Ryan Fehler(wl)

Goalies
1. Don Kenzel(hou)
2. Jamie Moran(kit)
3. Willie Sellars(wl)

Go Stamps Go!

beener
(Login brock69)

No score for this post
August 30 2009, 8:56 PM 

says the guy that takes most of his players from omineca, williams lake and houston... You forgot all about the Smithers Steelheads and the Wolves.... good picks still though... As for the Greasy 4th Line, I agree but I intended it to be like that... Nate has limited skill but he is an exciting player to watch when he drops the old mits. He's definitly the journeymen of my team.

rusty
(Login greenandblack)
BC Senior Forum Mods

No score for this post
August 30 2009, 9:38 PM 

Houston is always good.... every year. Williams Lake is the defending Coy Cup Champions and Omineca has some of the most skilled guys in the league, just poor on ice chemistry.

Pual Girodat has only been in the league for one year and missed alot of games so people don't know about this guy, but he is easily one of the best players in the league and has pro experience.

As for the Steelies and Wolves, come on. Did you seriously group the wolves with thos other teams? talk to me when they win more then 5 games in a year and the Steelies do have alot of good talent. 1-12 thier forwards are as good as anyone's, but no real stand out super stars other then Dykens. Young and Groot are solid guys who can score and play with alot of toughness. They could have cracked the top 12, but there are alot of good players out there.

Go Stamps Go!

brok
(Login brock69)

No score for this post
August 31 2009, 8:40 AM 

rusty's gettin' a little lippy here... there's no doubt the Wolves are one of the worst teams in the league but that has nothing to do with selecting players from the team to represent the CIHL. Stu Barnes, Am and Mitch Marshall in my opinion are very talented players and could be on anyone of the teams top lines with ease. From the few games I saw the Wolves play in the past and last season, when everyone is playing, that's to say when they have a full roster, the wolverines can be a very deadly team. You see the problem with the Wolves is that in Hazelton there are absolutely no jobs, so a lot of the guys have to work out of town and this messes up practice sched, home life, balancing money etc... the chemistry goes out of wack when this happens and the team really cant get into a grove. That's why countless weekends ou'll see different Wolverines popping up in the line up to fill better players roles. And so on and so on.... I bet most teams i the league have this problem but from what I saw in Hazelton, they suffer the most.

kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

After the week I've had...

No score for this post
August 31 2009, 8:42 PM 

I'd need to read the flow thread a couple of times before making a comment. But as a thread I really like the idea...because I'd like to pursue some form of an All-Star Game prior to Xmas...but need input, ideas and names, as above...

Keep it coming...please?

Current Topic - All CIHL
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement