Welcome to the BC Senior Hockey fan forum. This is a place to follow your favorite Senior hockey teams in the Central Interior Hockey League and the rest of the the Province. The only rule on here is that you keep your posts clean. Remember this is a place for every member of the family.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

CIHL attendance

September 9 2009 at 2:39 PM
No score for this post
brockkk  (Login brock69)
from IP address 205.193.82.252

It would be interesting to take a look at average CIHL attendance over the years franchise to franchise... Does any organization keep track of such stats? (if not they should) I know there are a lot of variables contributing to these stats such as rink size, sat-sunday games etc... but I wonder if there would be any surprises attendace wise throughout the league?

Also does anyone know the record attendace for a CIHL game? (not counting coy cup) I'm guessing most likely a playoff game in Kitimat or perhaps the Hockeyville game last season between the River Kings and Wolves.

Just a few thoguhts,

-B69, loyal cihl contributor.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Spabb
(Login Spabb)

I imagine...

No score for this post
September 9 2009, 2:56 PM 

the record would have to be in Kitimat simply due to the size of the rink and the support for the team. Not knocking any other team's support, but been in rinks in Kitimat, Terrace and Rupert and Kitimat can simply hold way more people - which it does quite frequently.

And the Hockeyville game last season was between the Rupert and Terrace, with the Rampage raining on the Hockeyville parade by soundly dropping the River Kings. Just sayin...

Brockland
(Login brock69)

no...

No score for this post
September 9 2009, 9:49 PM 

I was at the Wolverines and Riverkings game, the Kings beat the 'Rines in a 2-1 thriller. Cassie Campbell was in attendance as well as Kirk McLean. I think Kirk dropped the puck. Am I not right? There was 1000 + packed into the arena in Terrace, it was so loud I couldn't hear myself think.

kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

We've had a few good attendance games...

No score for this post
September 9 2009, 11:04 PM 

...but in CIHL games, I'd say it was a final between Kitimat and Houston in Tamitik, when we had more than 2000. WEe had better than 2400 when Demons played Fort St, John in the final of the Coy Cup, but that was not a CIHL game...

brock
(Login brock69)

Re: We've had a few good attendance games...

No score for this post
September 10 2009, 8:47 AM 

whats the max capacity in tamitik? 3-5 k?

kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

Capacity of arena...

No score for this post
September 10 2009, 10:38 AM 

It's about 2,500 seated and another 1,000 standing...

B
(Login brock69)

Re: Capacity of arena...

No score for this post
September 10 2009, 1:25 PM 

nice nice thats a decent size

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement