Power Rankings - Week 8November 22 2009 at 9:58 PM
No score for this post
Sandlak (Login Sandlak1)
from IP address 18.104.22.168
1) Kitimat Ice Demons - (1)[8-1-1] - rollin, rollin, rollin...same ole, same ole from Kitimat.
2) Williams Lake Stampeders - (2)[6-1-1] - resting up for a long december and January. i expect some losses in the next while as road trips will take their toll, but look for this team to be fully loaded and ready for another big playoff run.
3) Smithers Steelheads - (3)[6-3-0] - The fish failed to knock off their arch rival the kitimat ice demons, and in so doing oprobably lose any hope of winnning the West, now in a battle with the Rampage to secure second.
4) Burns Lake Braves - (4)[6-3-0] - Idle this week, but are itching tio get another crack at the Luckies, Saturday should be a dandy of a game in BL.
5) Rupert Rampage - (5)[5-3-3] - Took a step towards solidifying themselves as a contender this weekend by finishing off an opponent that they are expected to beat.
6) Houston Luckies - (6)[4-3-0] - Steady performance this weekend, some improvement needed if a long playoff run is to happen.
7) Hazelton Wolverines - (7)[3-7-1] - the new team turmoil was idle this week, probably a a good thing...will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out in the Hazeltons.
8) Terrace River Kings - (9)[2-6-1] - Another week, another loss, seems as though they are making some strides to respectability in the CIHL, but still a ways to go
9) Omenica Ice - (8)[2-8-0] - After this weekend I would suggest that this team may be the worst in the league. There are tools there to be a good team, but selfimploding is not a good attribute if you want to win.
The Sergio Momesso three stars of the weekend go to:
Third Star: jamie Moran, 28 saves 0 goals against
Second Star: Mike McKay, 3 goals 6 assists against the ice
First Star: Don Kenzle, 2.00 goals agains average and a .943 save percentage gets kenzle the nod for first star
Sandlak-Momesso stars ....No score for this post
|November 23 2009, 8:51 AM |
Faint points of light on the far horizon...seen in a mirror...always a reverse view, but always a homer! Still his light seems to be getting out of Houston just a little bit.
You should talkNo score for this post
|November 23 2009, 4:06 PM |
Geez -- now the missing Link chimes inNo score for this post
|November 23 2009, 4:12 PM |
Thank goodness it's a free world, bhoyos!
Re: Geez -- now the missing Link chimes inNo score for this post
|November 23 2009, 8:57 PM |
Sandlak I think you have your 3 stars backwards? Moran with a shutout against the Steelies should be first star and Mckay with a 9 point weekend should be first or second. Kenzle letting in 2 goals per game with a couple wins should be third star.
If you got out of your parents basement every once in a while and actually seen some games you would see that there are other players in the league other than your buddy, brother, or workmate Kenzle.
you have got a good point....No score for this post
|November 23 2009, 10:09 PM |
and looking back on it,it would have been the safer bet and kept you old farts off of my arse...I self justified my decisision by the fact that moran had only one game this weekend...but other than I cant really argue with your logic, he did have a shutout against a high powered team...at least your argument makes sense, Kitimatfan was talking jibberish this afternoon...by the way papa hewey you have been way to quiet this season...you feeling alright? or are your comments tempered by your presidency of the finest Senior hockey league in BC?
Too true - it has been busier than I expected ...No score for this post
|November 23 2009, 10:26 PM |
Too much nonsense in the league ...
But my gibberish was just that if you looked at the stars in the mirror and reversed them, as the other poster suggested,,,I'd have been satisfied. Somehow, it's likely me, it just ain't the fun it used to be...time for younger guys to take over.
But isn't that what you've been saying all along?
I have to disagree......No score for this post
|November 24 2009, 10:23 AM |
Were a much better league with you involved in any capacity.
I Think at one time your Skin was alittle thicker.
A backhanded compliment...No score for this post
|November 24 2009, 5:31 PM |
on a snowy night like this, I thank you Steely-on.
Our league is just at a stage where the economy is taking a bite out of us...
What doesn't kill you makes you strongerNo score for this post
|November 25 2009, 6:22 AM |
I hope for the leagues sake, the economy in Kitimat does not take too big a bite out of the league....We have some great hockey to watch..
Besides, Rupert's economy has been the sh*!s for quite some time, now and we manage to have a great hockey team....Adversity is great, and what doesn't kill ya, makes ya stronger.....Cheers
That's why there's lots of rooms for Rupert fans...No score for this post
|November 25 2009, 9:07 AM |
in Kitimat ths weekend and no chance of not getting a ticket. So come on down for another great game...
|Current Topic - Power Rankings - Week 8|