Welcome to the BC Senior Hockey fan forum. This is a place to follow your favorite Senior hockey teams in the Central Interior Hockey League and the rest of the the Province. The only rule on here is that you keep your posts clean. Remember this is a place for every member of the family.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Olympic Team!!

December 30 2009 at 11:02 AM
No score for this post
venny4  (Login venny4)
from IP address 216.232.230.47

Just steppin aside from the cihl for a sec to see everyones thoughts about the olympic team. Good job to Yzerman on picking the team but a couple of strange picks i thought.

Defense
Niedermayer"C" Pronger"A"
Boyle Weber
Keith Seabrook
Doughty

Forwards
Crosby"A" Iginla"A" Nash Perry Getzlaf Bergeron Morrow Toews Thornton Heatley Marleau Staal Richards

Strange picks i thought

Doughty - No Green or Bouwmeester Hmmmmmm!!! shocker

Bergeron - No Carter Savard B Richards St. Louis Vinny or J Staal

Who should start in the net Broduer Loungo or Fluery

Looking at who never made the team i think that team canada could dress a second team and compete for gold. Any one else have there thoughts and who is the best team to give canada the biggest run for the gold. Im thinking Russia

check ya later

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
The Big Picture 101
(Login Thebiggerpicture101)

Re-Think

No score for this post
December 30 2009, 1:39 PM 

Venny. Re-think your enthusiasium for the Olympics dude.
1.It is no longer a place to showcase young talent and give amateurs a chance to represent our country. It is a chance for over paid NHL players to gain more opportunity for commercial indorsment and yet more money.
2. The Olmpics being held in our counrty/province has only taken away resources and money from the mouths of families, sick in the hospitals,and the kids in schools-- at the cost of providing an event that only the rich can afford to watch live. Meanwhile us blue collered tax payers get the 'privalage' of watching it on t.v. and further lining the pockets of the already rich advertisers and tv exeutives.
You don't think this matters?--Taxpayers will be paying for the Olmpics for the next 50 years in B.C.

venny4
(Login venny4)

LOL

No score for this post
December 30 2009, 2:56 PM 

Welcome to reality dude!! until someone like yourself steps in to take charge of the government we will continue to live this life we live. you can't control that. we just have to do the best we can do for ourselfs and our families. we paid to have cars, trucks, phones, computers like the one your on, stores, technology, sciences for medicinal purposes and pretty much everything in this world. If we didn't have a government where would we be. Probably dead. Im not saying the government is right for the this they do but the do some things that help us. You do have a tv right? I bet you will watch the olympics and enjoy it too. I know i will and im going to love every minute of it. "EH OH CANADA GO" WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

P.S. Whine somewhere else man or step up to the plate and deliver instead of critisizing.

Rusty
(Login greenandblack)
BC Senior Forum Mods

Re: LOL

No score for this post
December 30 2009, 8:02 PM 

Boo hoo! I support the games even though I wont see them live. It's a great thing for Vancouver, B.C. and Canada and will go down as a success in many ways, although likely not financialy. The government can in no way please every citizen and has been forced to deal with a worldwide economic depression (which began long after the games were bid on). So do yourself a favor and get a job, put the bread on your families table like the rest of us and stop feeling sorry for yourself and blaming the government.

P.S. Terriffic team Steve Y put together. Gonna be an amazing tournament featuring every countries best players competing at the highest level in an amazing environment in Van City. Go Canada. Not one mistake on this roster in my opinion.

TheBig Picture

Re: LOL

No score for this post
December 30 2009, 11:33 PM 

1. Venny, the last time i checked i paid for my tv,truck and computer, NOT the government and the last time i checked the government didn't invent any of these things either.Not even our medicines man, do some homework. The only part the government had in any of those things was taxing me on it-which, by the way i have no problem with as long as my tax dollars are going to pay for health care, help me and my family in retirement, keep our roads and neighborhoods safe...Not to fund a million dollar (or more) 'Opening ceremony' at the Olympics..and that's just the opening ceremonies! Try and think a little outside your cave dude when you say that that's the world we live in--that's the world we live in because guys like you support it at ANY expense-i bet if your kids needed medical help and couldn't get it beacsue the nurses have been cut back to one on duty because of the Olympic cost you wouldn't feel the same...and no i will not eb watchinbg the olympics. I suuport the idea of the omlympics but not at ANY cost.
2. Rusty the recession has nothing to do with the expense. It took Montreal 40 years to pay off the Olympics and they weren't in a recession.Get a job?--i have a good paying job and benfits that i pay for to go with that job. Do i speak for me--no man i'm lucky- my point is made for all the elderly people, disabled people,etc.. who don't have our privlages. Yes i have a job, and everything that affords me--but it makes no sense to spend money on medals at the cost of YOUR neighbor.

If you want to enjoy the games because you like hockey, sports, the draw of counrties competing,i get it. but to say that all the commercial **** that goes with it is not a problem and that it is a price worth paying so Vancouver can benefit makes you in-human or out-of touch. Either way enjoy the games, but know it comes at a cost. i just hope for your sake the cost isn't at you expense or someone you know, but i bet is is an aleady has been

By the way i think Carter should have been one of the forwards and Greene on defense.

all of the above, just my opinion LOL

venny4
(Login venny4)

WOW!!

No score for this post
December 31 2009, 1:15 AM 

A hockey forum that turned into a political debate. LOL. Shut the fck up!! Talk hockey or go the fck to your next town council meeting and post a statement. Maybe even go have lunch with G Campbell and tell him your feelings and maybe he just might change everything for you. Just the way you want it. LOL. IDIOT. Enjoy the Olympics cause you can't miss it. "EH OH CANADA GO"
I bet your against the special olympics too. cheers to the olympics.

The Big Picture

Re: WOW!!

No score for this post
December 31 2009, 2:00 AM 

You don't think this forum is political, take look back (Terrace politics, Hazleton politcis, layoffs, the economy, ticket sales,etc...). And this a CIHL forum, not an Olympic one right? You went there first dude. Now take your trashy mouth and suck up the fact you can never understand any thing bigger than what your litle brain can hold.But here is what i am impressed with 1. You actually know who our Premier is (bet you had to look it up!)
2. You resisted your natural stupity and urge to make a lame dig about the special olympics (and my guess with my name somewhere in there)--How many times did you delete your sick dig-- so you really don't look like a heartless ass?
As far as enjoying the Olympics and not being able to miss it-i have a job that i attend to (there right now as a matter of fact) and lots of atcivity outside of that to keep me busy, sounds like you don't.
Enjoy the games man, let's hope you never need the resources you so quickly dismiss. I have a feeling you will/do.

venny4
(Login venny4)

Thanks!!

No score for this post
December 31 2009, 12:34 PM 

Thanks for the lesson johnny know all. Good thing i signed up for the big picture 101 class. LOL Have a good new year einstein. Make sure you put your super large jofa helmet on with the wings out so you protect your super big head next time you leave the house. Wouldn't want you to bump it. But you probably have insurance on that pumkin head. Next class/town meeting TBA. EH OH CANADA GO. check ya later

The Big Picture

Re: Thanks!!

No score for this post
December 31 2009, 12:46 PM 

hahaha. That's pretty funny.lol. For someone who's kind of slow, your pretty witty dude. Everyone has a talent.Happy New year!

venny4
(Login venny4)

$$$$$

No score for this post
December 31 2009, 2:41 PM 

Anyways how much do i owe you for the class. Since im not as smart as you i was wondering if i could get the under 13 tax exempt please. Don't want to be paying anymore taxes than i should. maybe we could do it under the table. Wow i did learn something. Great class. Gotta tell others to sign up for it.If you don't mind? Don't get to wasted tonight my freind. You know that alcohol is one of the leading money grabbers for the government. spend wisely drink wisers. lol check ya later

Hardy
(Login HardyAstrom)

Re: $$$$$

No score for this post
December 31 2009, 3:27 PM 

Hey man don't take it personally, it doesn't seem to matter what you start a thread about lately there is always some donkey lurking at his or her keyboard waiting to turn it into some kind of retard festival with ass clowns and the whole shebang. Try posting predictions or a game recap, its getting a little rediculous. I know that opinions are like *******s but it would be nice if they were at least relavent *******s. Nice try on the olympic theme though and I've got to give kudos to Rod for his post on resolutions the other day. That was the best, most pertanent, most well thought out posting that I may have read on here all year. All you can do is keep trying to talk hockey. Happy New Year all.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement