Welcome to the BC Senior Hockey fan forum. This is a place to follow your favorite Senior hockey teams in the Central Interior Hockey League and the rest of the the Province. The only rule on here is that you keep your posts clean. Remember this is a place for every member of the family.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Weekend predictions

January 7 2010 at 3:35 PM
No score for this post
Spabb  (Login Spabb)
from IP address 209.145.127.72

Last weekend of the regular season, and Thursday afternoon seems as good a time as any to throw out some predictions.

Kings vs. Demons - After clinching the league title, Kitimat will be looking to send a message to the rest of the league heading into the playoffs. And I think they'll do just that with back-to-back wins against a River Kings team that has faltered this season. As I've said before, hopefully the Kings will be able to work out their issues and come back strong in 2010/2011, but I don't see them making the playoffs this year.

Braves vs. Stampeders - Pretty much a toss-up, as the two teams sit even in the standings with 16 points. Based on recent performances and a long road trip that may deplete the bench, I'm going to give the first game to the Stamps and say the Braves squeak out a victory in the second game. Definite playoff implications in this one and the following series...

Luckies vs. Ice - The Luckies, I think, will come out full bore in Vanderhoof to ensure they secure first in the east and a first round match against the Ice in the playoffs. And the Ice haven't really done much this year that makes me think they can stop that from happening. Gonna give both games to the Luckies.

Rampage vs. Wolverines - This is the one I'm most interested in, as it will determine the final standings and playoffs in the West. I don't think either team wants to play the Demons (12-1-1 in 14 games) in the first round, although the Steelheads aren't that far off at 12-4-0. All Rupert has to do is get a single point to clinch third in the West, while the Wolverines have to win both in regulation to do the same. I think it'll be two close games, and I'll give the Wolverines the benefit of the doubt (especially since I imagine the Hockeyville-hoopla on Saturday will really motivate the team) and go with a split for the weekend.

Based on those predictions (to be taken with a huge grain of salt), playoffs would be as follows:

East:
Braves vs. Ice
Stamps vs. Braves

West:
Demons vs. Wolverines
Steelheads vs. Rampage

Should be a great weekend to wind down the year. What do you think? Safe travels to everyone traveling and good luck to all the players.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rusty
(Login greenandblack)
BC Senior Forum Mods

Re: Weekend predictions

No score for this post
January 7 2010, 5:22 PM 

Kitimat vs Terrace - Not much to say here. Only question is if the Kings will finish the season hard with some pride or have they already quit? they still have a shot at a playoff spot, but that's only what the math says... I say they are sent packing by the Demons... 8-3 and 6-1.

Houston @ Omineca: Omineca is a tough team on home ice, but locked into fourth what do the Ice have to play for? Houston on the other hand has first place on thier mind and should walk into the hoof and clinch it saturday night 6-3. After some celebrations that evening Sunday will likely have a different outcome... 5-2 Ice.

Burns Lake @ Williams Lake: Forget the two losses in Burns two weekes ago. The Stamps are simply the better team. These two are destined to meet in round one and home ice advantage will be determined this weekend. Chalk up two wins for the Stamps who have not lost on home ice this year. 6-4 sat, 7-4 sun.

Prince Rupert @ Hazelton: This is a match-up Hazelton has owned, winning 5 of 6 meetings since the Rampage joined the CIHL. PR has improved through the season and I think falls into a category below the top 4 but above the bottom three. Having said that Hazelton is a different beast in the uncomfortable confines of that old barn. Look for a split this weekend with both teams accomplishing thier goal. PR clinches third... Haz clinches a playoff spot. oh yeah... 5-4 Haz on saturday and 6-3 PR Sunday.

Lefty
(Login lefftymagee)

Looks like....

No score for this post
January 7 2010, 7:06 PM 

The Braves are guaranteed the East........

jason
(Login jcrb72ca)

No score for this post
January 8 2010, 12:39 AM 

good predictions. i agree with them all... hey did i just say that. Rusty has the scores right with the Haz. and Rup games. but other way around. rupert will win saturday and wolves win on sunday. wolves do better hung over. lol. no kidding. i drank with them on a few occations.
i could see the demons playing back up players and goaltender for the weekend and still take the weekend.
Playoffs around the corner, would nice to see and have some upsets, like last year: with the wolves taking the crown off the kings infront of the whole nation on CBC, and rampage taking game two in kitamat to set up game three. hope to see something good.
safe travels to all teams and good luck.
thanx for the great regular season to players, coaches, refs and fans.

do to one as done to you

m
(Login cihlsubmission)

No score for this post
January 8 2010, 9:32 AM 

haz and rupert haz is gonna beat rup 2 times 4 1 and 6 4 , ice demins gonna win botth rest of league who cares... West over east any day no team in the east can even shovel my snow

kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

Yeah -- all very well...

No score for this post
January 8 2010, 12:27 PM 

...but I only got part of my question answered...

Sounds like Smithers are inclined to make the trip, if qualified, first or second, Stamps still looking at it, Demons will suck it up and go, one way or other, also provided they qualify...

Didn't get any indications from Rupert, Burns Lake or particularly Houston. What's it to be guys...how series will these playoffs be in terms of going to the Coy Cup? Don't mean to shut out Wolverines, but didn't seem there was much enthusiasm there for a trip to Powell River. Terrace - we'll know how they feel by tomorrow night. I guess!

Bubba Balloo
(Login wagonburner)

Re: Yeah -- all very well...

No score for this post
January 9 2010, 2:42 PM 

It's going down like this,Wolverines are going to come out huge tonight.Curtis will light it up as usual and with the likes of Am Marshall and Lou Parent in the line up,there will be more firepower to be had.And then Sunday will be closer,but the Boys fr Hazeltoons will secure a spot against the Steelheads for the playoffs.Tis the season to be a hockey fan!

kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

We're all watchin' Bubba...

No score for this post
January 9 2010, 3:12 PM 

Now let's see if the Haze will lift long enough to deliver. Playing Rupert you need some skills --and some luck. Movald is a very mobile goalie who can catch fire...let's see the action to go with the words. Wouldn't bother us to play the Rampage instead of the Wolverines in round one....

Current Topic - Weekend predictions
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement