Welcome to the BC Senior Hockey fan forum. This is a place to follow your favorite Senior hockey teams in the Central Interior Hockey League and the rest of the the Province. The only rule on here is that you keep your posts clean. Remember this is a place for every member of the family.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Stamps vs Braves

January 9 2010 at 10:57 PM
No score for this post
fastpass  (Login fastpass)
from IP address 72.25.192.4

Stamps win 9 to 2 braves win 1 fight stamps win 1 fight,not a good game both teams had 20 players shots on net 41 to 25 but burns lake shot half of there shot fefore they left home.
maybe a better game tomorrow.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
fan
(Login krazyfan)

Re: Stamps vs Braves

No score for this post
January 9 2010, 11:59 PM 

so did gordon play because i was watching omineca game and heared he was not released from vanderhoof

Sandlak
(Login Sandlak1)

Im not sure...

No score for this post
January 10 2010, 9:23 PM 

but the story i heard is that there is no way in 'H E double hockey sticks' that Omenica Ice will sign Dave Gordin's release...I know if I was omenica ice I would be a little pissed as well...lets play the what if scenario...what if the Luckies ( or any other playoff bound team) wanted to load up a line up for the playoffs, and approached Boon (pick a name), or several others from Omenica about playing with them for the playoffs...play the last game in a luckies jersey of the regular season...What would stop shenanigans like this from happening? and if you think about it there are some really ridiculous scenarios that could play out if stuff like this continues...should the league consider some new rules? maybe a transfer deadline, or a 1 team per season rule...its happened a couple of times this season probably should be addressed...

Hardy
(Login HardyAstrom)

Re: Im not sure...

No score for this post
January 10 2010, 11:13 PM 

Gordin's release was signed and he is now a member of the Braves. As far as putting something in place to safegaurd this kind of situation that is why a release needs to given. If teams do not wish their players to go elsewhere then they need not grant their release. The fact that Omineca let Gordin go (and sign with a division rival) tells me there is more going on then we may ever know. I think the safegaurds that are in place are sufficient and there is enough annomosity between teams that "loading up" for playoffs will never become an issue. By the way the Braves handed the puddle thier first home loss of the season with a 5-2 victory to clinch home ice in the first round.

Sandlak
(Login Sandlak1)

depends on whose oxe is being gored...

No score for this post
January 10 2010, 11:46 PM 

I think your thinking is bad on this one Hardy, just about as bad as your goals against...I think there are too many loopholes, and if the braves have jumped through all the hoops as we are led to believe, it is just proof that this situation needs to be dealt with. Does this not look prety bad to you? Does this really pass the smell test? What if the shoe were on the other foot? What if the braves were in the Ice situation and Fehler jumped to the Luckies in hopes of more playoff success, would you be saying that this situation is all right? It was just last last week when all the braves 'fans' on the forum were taking the moral high ground on the 'gamesheet' controversy now the braves team is wading in to murky territory by poaching players who are looking for a better playoff situation...I dont think i can find any rule or regulation that would stop the Gordin transfer, but I think its a situation that should not happen...why not transfer two weeks ago, three weeks ago, when evrything is above board, now it just looks bush...why not transfer as soon as Gordin figured the situation in Hooterville was untenable, Barnes took the high road and no one in the league blinked (well maybe there was a little shady dealings, not surprised with Steely-on in the mix)...looks bad on Gordin and bad on the braves part...and you can argue all you want, I know that if the situation was reversed, and if the Steelheads or the Luckies or any team were doing the same thing you would be voicing your opposition...I call BS...

Craig Coxe
(Login CraigCox)

Hey Sandlak

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 12:21 AM 

Hey Sandlak Enough with the winning you are starting to sound like your favortie player Blair Dinelle. You should be happy and thankful that Gordo is not playing against you guys in the first round of the playoffs but you might not be too happy if you guys face the braves in the second round because he is definitley a big addition to the defence core of the Braves.
Way To Go Burns Lake in finishing with the best SUNDAY Record maybe of all time in the CIHL by not losing a Sunday game all year.... Just goes to show what this team is made of finishing second overall in their division .
Oh yeah and by the way the Braves played the backup in Sundays game and he played a rock solid game. Did McIssac skip the hand shake at the end of the sundays game and leave the ice ??????????????? Just wondering?????

Craig Coxe
(Login CraigCox)

Hey Sandlak

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 12:57 AM 

Hey Sandlak my last post was suppose to say Whinnig not Winning but I am sure the wins have gone to the luckies heads too ... of late........

Hardy
(Login HardyAstrom)

Re: depends on whose oxe is being gored...

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 12:36 AM 

Although I can see your point Sandlak I have to disagree with you. If Fehler wanted to leave the Braves to play for the Luckies in mid season, unless he'd moved to Houston he simply would not be released, end of story. I can assure as far as the Braves are concerned everything is on the level. I can't speak for Gordin or the situation that caused him to leave but, as I said before, in order to be released in the first place there had to be problems. People can make accusations or infer wrong doing but in actuality this situation is simple and I can honestly tell you the Braves have done nothing wrong. I don't think your Luckies would have turned Gordo away if the Braves had said no thankyou when he approached them, do you?

mario
(Login 66mario66)

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 2:11 AM 

gordon is starting to become the new john beck. Biggest suite case in the league! lol. Where is beck now a days?? anyone know?? or should i start a breaking news thread??

fan
(Login krazyfan)

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 7:26 AM 

time will tell but vanderhoof saided he was not release on the weekend i hope for BL he was they should know better not to play him if he was not

(Login ICEGM)

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 8:03 AM 

No release was signed by the ice as GM I would think I would know.
Steve

rusty
(Login greenandblack)
BC Senior Forum Mods

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 9:47 AM 

How do you enforce these kinds of things as a league? I talked to Dave and he said that the Ice GM had told him he would give him his release and that BL told him they would sign him. I don't know Dave to be a liar, so it would look like the Ice told him one thing then did another? Can two teams have a player carded at the same time? or was he never carded by BL? It seems he would be an ineligable player this weekend which would mean the Braves would have to forfiet both games which would be significant since the final game decided home ice in the series between the two teams. This is just another situation that needs to be resolved quickly. Hopefully what's being said on here is just speculation and not truth and things can be left as is. The league doesn't need these headaches.

(Login ICEGM)

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 10:07 AM 

Actually what Dave was told was tell BL to ask for a member transfer and we would see how that goes. There was no request so no release.

Hardy
(Login HardyAstrom)

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 10:16 AM 

Not that this is the place to discuss such issues but in order to put an end to speculation I'll try and clear the air. ANYONE who has done any kind of admin work in the CIHL knows the process it takes to card a player. To say the Braves admin person is a veteran would be a huge understatement. With more then 25 years of experience dealing with BC hockey as well as being a former league president anyone who has been around hockey in the north long knows who I'm talking about. This situation was handled very carefully by the Braves . A player can not be carded with 2 teams by BC hockey and in order for the Braves to have carded Gordo he had to be released FIRST. So who ever is claiming to be Steve must be playing games. Rusty if you guys have a problem take it up with BC hockey because everything was handled fairly on the Braves end. It disturbs to no end to discuss such things on here but it seems for alot of people this is your only way of communicating and to think that the Braves reputation could be tarnished over this is unacceptable. The Braves are a fair team on and off the ice and have done nothing wrong. I will not discuss this further for everyone to see. If anyone wants to discuss this privately the Braves would be happy to do so.

bayliner
(Login baylinerwakeboarder)

no release

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 3:07 PM 

I have spoke to Steve Little the GM and Lisa Dall the President of the Ice, and both have stated that Dave Gordin has not been released, and will not be released.

(Login RuffellRose)

Clarification-Dave Gordin

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 6:49 PM 

Dave Gordin approached the BL Braves, asking if he could play with us. He said he had quit the Omineca Ice and had spoken to Steve Little - GM about being released and Steve had told him that he hated to loose him off the team, but he would release him. I requested his release through the Hockey Canada Registry, and he was approved by BC Hockey. I then added him to the Braves roster, and BC Hockey approved that. I faxed a copy of the BC Hockey Approved Braves Player Roster to Duane Muir - Stats Guy - in Williams Lake on Friday Jan 8 to show that he was eligible to play for the Braves on Jan 9, 10. Then it seems all Hell broke loose.

Today at lunch, BC Hockey confirmed that Dave Gordin was registered and approved with the Braves. I asked if I had done something wrong in the process; she said no. Then she found another Dave Gordin in the Hockey Canada Registry - same birthdate; surname spelt differently. The Braves have registered Dave Gordon - and Omineca Ice have registered Dave Gordin.
So I have requested a release from Omineca Ice; whether they decide to release him to the Braves, or just have him sit out the rest of the season is up to them I guess.

I apologize for the confusion and mess this has caused, but since I had followed all the correct porcedures to register this player with the Braves, and he was approved by BC Hockey, and he showed up on the Braves Registered Player list as Approved; I truly believed everything was fine. This matter is now out of my hands, and what will be, will be.

(Login davidgordin)

Re: Clarification-Dave Gordin

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 8:10 PM 

hello all david gordin here.
if everyone would like a little clarification i'll explain what happen'd last week. things didn't turn out the way i expected them this year in vanderhoof and i was planning on hanging up the skates for the remainder of the season. after talk to shane walsh i decided to give the braves a call and try and finish the season with a few buddies because we all know this league is all about playing a little puck then having a few pops while chewing the fat. after asking the braves if they had room for another body for the remaining two games i was told to ask the ice for my release. which i did. i was told by the ice that they didn't want to but would still give me a release so i could finish off the remainder of the season. i passed this on to the braves who then sent a request form to the ice. something in the mix got turned around and i am still carded by the ice under david gordin and by the braves as david gordon. which i think was the name i was carded under with the luckies a few season ago. but to an end the request form for my card has been sent and we are awaiting my release so i might be able to play in the playoffs against the stamps. if vanderhoof goes back on their decision regarding my release after verbally telling me they would, or a rule is passed that i am ineligible for the playoffs i will still be hitting the road with the braves as a stick/water boy and to cheer them on to the coy cup. i wish vanderhoof all the best in playoffs and i didn't mean to burn any bridges with my actions i just felt i was making the right decision for myself and look forward to putting on a braves jersey next year.

Jersey
(Login Jersey111)

Gordin ??? Gordon ???

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 8:19 PM 

If BL was trying to card Dave GORDIN ...why didn't you, or anyone from the BL organization, contact ANY of the ICE executive to find out if Dave GORDIN was released?? Spelling his name wrong??? If you would have received a release from the ICE then you would have known how to spell his name. Dave has played in the league for years, I'm finding it hard to believe you didn't know his last name was Gordin and not GORDON??? It could be an honest mistake?!? To clarify things, Dave was told by Steve, the ICE GM, that he should get BL to contact him and Steve would see what he could do?! No one, including Dave Gordin himself, contacted any of the ice organization after that conversation. That DOESN'T sound like a release to me!? The ICE executive, with input from the players, strongly agreed that Dave would NOT be released. I think any team would be crazy to release one of their best players to another team - 2 games before playoffs?!! Don't you agree??? This situation could have been avoided completely with some communication!

mario
(Login 66mario66)

Re: Gordin ??? Gordon ???

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 8:34 PM 

Wow this suite case really brings baggage!!!

Rusty
(Login greenandblack)
BC Senior Forum Mods

Re: Gordin ??? Gordon ???

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 10:13 PM 

You don't know this guy Mario, so to make a comment like that is rediculous. Gordo is a great team guy. The only baggage this guy brings is his lunch bucket to the rink. Any team in this league would be better with him. Unfortunately there was some poor communication somewhere along the way and it's making everyone involved look bad. Unfortunately, it looks like He will be watching the playoffs.

Sandlak
(Login Sandlak1)

agreed...

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 10:25 PM 

I dont know dave personally, but he was a valuable player for the Luckies, and yes he would look good in a Luckies Jersey...a valuable addition to ANY team in this league!

dave wilejto
(Login dwilejto25)

gordin

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 10:34 PM 

Its suitcase, not suitecase dip****. And as Rusty said, any team in the league would gladly take gordo on a roadtrip, great on the ice and great off it. Unfortunately, as is starting to come to light, there were no 'apparent' issues when our end tried to register him...so we as an organization thought he was cleared to play. Computers have a way of magnifying human error I guess. When this became a debate this morning we started doing some digging and found that BC amateur had him in the system twice and therefore he was on 2 teams. I can't say I'd argue with the Omineca mentality to not want to let him go, but we were under the impression that he and Mr. Little had agreed to part ways in a friendly manner and that he was available. 'nuff said, we still play the stamps this weekend, and as a team would like to appoligize for the clusterf**k of a situation...its not how we want to be perceived and certainly not how we operate.

mario
(Login 66mario66)

Re: gordin

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 11:31 PM 

Actually i do know Gordo rusty....hes a good buddy of mine and that was just a friendly shot at him becuase i know he checks out the forum from time to time.I've already posted on here earlier that hes one of the best d-men in the league and how i wished he would come back and play for the luckies.

mario
(Login 66mario66)

Re: gordin

No score for this post
January 11 2010, 11:34 PM 

and no Gordo i dont think your a suitcase or baggage lol

Clod
(Login ClodLaMew)

Wow

No score for this post
January 12 2010, 12:02 AM 

I'm sure this one will become CIHL lore. This may have went smoother if Gordin had followed proper hockey protocol. He should have contacted the Ice President by phone and said "Trade me right f#@%ing now..........now what?" HANG UP!

Current Topic - Stamps vs Braves
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement