Welcome to the BC Senior Hockey fan forum. This is a place to follow your favorite Senior hockey teams in the Central Interior Hockey League and the rest of the the Province. The only rule on here is that you keep your posts clean. Remember this is a place for every member of the family.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Power Rankings - Nov 22/10

November 22 2010 at 9:36 AM
No score for this post
Rusty  (Login greenandblack)
BC Senior Forum Mods
from IP address 70.77.44.197

1. (1)Smithers Steelheads (9-2-0) - Another shutout win has this team rolling.... Haven't given up a goal in over 160 minutes of hockey.
2. (2)Burns Lake Braves (6-1-0) - Bye Week gives these guys time to ramp up for a more challenging second half.
3. (3)Williams Lake Stampeders(6-3-1) - A couple weeks off should give this offensive power a chance to work on keeping pucks out of their net.
4. (5)Prince Rupert Rampage (3-4-0) - Third win in four games has these guys on the way up.
5. (6)Houston Luckies (4-3-1) - Two home wins against an Omineca team with their strongest roster was a good bounce back for the Luckies.
6. (4)Terrace (5-2-0) - two straight losses and just one goal in their last 180 minutes of hockey has these guys desperate for some offence and falling down the rankings.
7. (7)Kitimat (2-4-2) - Another loss to a rival has them falling to third in the West and unable to gain any ground in the power rankings.
8. (8)Hazelton (1-7-0) - The Bye week should allow these guys to get a couple practices in and keep improving.
9. (9)Omineca (2-8-0) - a semi respectable showing in Houston, but 8 straight losses aint gonna move these guys up.

Just for fun....

Coastal Power Rankings...
1. Powell River Regals (2-2-0) - a couple losses with a short bench to start, but a couple wins over a good Blazer team has the Coy Cup champs in first in the inaugural coastal rankings.
2. Mid Island Blazers (3-2-0) - a good start followed by a few losses to the defending champs has them nipping at the Regals heels.
3. Sechelt Hitmen (1-2-0) - The new kids on the block look hungry and competitive, but are chasing two pretty good clubs right now.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Debacle)

Re: Power Rankings - Nov 22/10

No score for this post
November 22 2010, 10:19 AM 

I can't agree with putting Rupert ahead of Terrace, with the records of these two teams. Terrace is struggling, but they had two road games against the league leading team. I would put it Terrace, Rupert, then Houston, who, really, only beat Omineca. Aside from that though, I agree with your ratings and reasons.

Rusty
(Login greenandblack)
BC Senior Forum Mods

No score for this post
November 22 2010, 10:25 AM 

Terrace is 5-2 and Rupert is 3-4 but only because the Rampage forgot to card a player early in the season. Take away the forfeit game and they are both 4-3 with Rupert playing better hockey... seems simple to me.

ZOOIE2001
(Login ZOOIE2001)

No score for this post
November 22 2010, 1:20 PM 

I'm from Terrace and saw 4 games of Terraces. I saw 3 games of Ruperts.
I think Rupert has the stronger team. They have the best goalie in the league. I would rate them ahead of Terrace, and they will make it to number 2 before the season is finished.

Current Topic - Power Rankings - Nov 22/10
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement