Welcome to the BC Senior Hockey fan forum. This is a place to follow your favorite Senior hockey teams in the Central Interior Hockey League and the rest of the the Province. The only rule on here is that you keep your posts clean. Remember this is a place for every member of the family.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Wolverines Future

December 14 2010 at 4:57 PM
No score for this post
The Reality  (Login wolverinehunterdemon)
from IP address 24.80.101.184

This season has been a terrible one for the Hazelton Wolverines. Currently sitting dead last in the western division, the Wolves are having their worst season in franchise history. With just one win in fourteen efforts this season and just two games remaining on the year, it's safe to say the 'Rines are already preparing for next season, if there will be one. The Wolves who are 10-49-7 lifetime in the CIHL may be the worst franchise in CIHL history. To give the team credit, they are in a rebuilding phase this season with a new coach and GM. Fred Hudson has been a good thing for Wolverines hockey this season but with lack of talent around town the Wolverines has basically had a second rate line up all year long. Ever since the loss of captain Stu Barnes from the organization, the team has never recovered. The team has dipped in attendance and the product they have put on the ice this year has lacked talent. I personally think this team is heading in the right direction with the changes made in the organization this season, but they need to start winning next season or else this team will be out of the CIHL in the next 5 years for sure. The problem with the wolves is player availability, there aren't enough skilled players home at the right time and the team never can build chemistry or a true team feel due to so many roster changes. I don't think they will win anymore games this year and will finish 1-15 this season. Next year will be a better year though, I have hope for this club, but they do need to start winning and that's just the reality.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
sma53
(Login sma53)

Really?

No score for this post
December 15 2010, 3:06 PM 

This is observant.

The executive team could do a much better job - they havent promoted the new concepts that have been introduced, or the new players, the games or CIHL hockey. Make some noise you people in charge!

It takes effort to create team spirit, attract talent and bring in the fans. This new team and the community have been let down because winning games has been the factor that was relied upon to do these things. In the past this was not the case. You must have the right mix to be a successful team in this league.

At the games last weekend against Rupert there were only three executive members in attendance and one was the GM who is now working behind the bench. There was no program and lack of support for nearly every function that had to be performed to host a home game and do a good job.

It is time to realize that the right people in every department help create the enviornment for the Wolverines to do well. Not every team in this league will compete at the top, but they are still key to a viable league.

Right now it is easy to believe that this team will never be the same however the coach cant be the only one thinking positive or they will be headed for their last season. Build these players up in the community, do some team building exercizes besides practicing and look for new help to get jobs done that just arent being done.

Continue making changes but think about it more than just changing the coaches and style of play. There is alot more involved that isnt being done that could help this team out.

Good luck Wolverines!
Really.

392ci
(Login 392ci)

Re: Really?

No score for this post
December 20 2010, 4:43 PM 

they r done like dinner

NoH8
(Login NoH8)

I know...

No score for this post
December 27 2010, 2:19 PM 

I know a lot gets done for the wolverines players and only a few of them actually step up and help in the fundraising efforts. They could step up and promote themselves by volunteering their time and promoting the team too. I've been to their dances and only ever see a small handful of the players volunteering their time to help out. They could step up themselves in the community and do things to help promote their cause. Everyone else can promote the hell out of them and say how good they're doing and how committed they are but actions speak louder than words.

Boo
(Login wagonburner)

Re: I know...

No score for this post
January 7 2011, 12:30 PM 

Probably the small handful who take the time to travel for away games.This teams needs dedication to themselves.

Current Topic - Wolverines Future
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement