Welcome to the BC Senior Hockey fan forum. This is a place to follow your favorite Senior hockey teams in the Central Interior Hockey League and the rest of the the Province. The only rule on here is that you keep your posts clean. Remember this is a place for every member of the family.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

demons/riverkings

October 8 2011 at 10:51 PM
No score for this post
captain  (Login packy20)
from IP address 173.180.149.157

2-1 Demons final . Good game could have went either way,Demons looked a bit outa sync ,Riverkings improving but still need more to run with the top dogs. Same last week for them almost but not quite enough to win. I watched them last week in Smithers and was impressed, but not ready yet for prime time. Too many calls for both teams {penalties}same last week. and no the play with Terrace celabrating at the end the puck never crossed the line (i was right behind the net). They gave it the old college try (celebrating) but the only one they fooled was their coach who was given a bench minor. Another call that should have been a non call. D. Venman and I. Coleman for the Demons ,J. Murray for Terrace.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

I have to agree with the Captain ...

No score for this post
October 8 2011, 11:34 PM 

this a a game that might easily have gone the other way.

Both goaltenders, Vilness for the Ice Demons and Patrick Leal for Terrace looked like they were having a good time chasing a shutout. We were still 0-0 until abut five minutes from the end of the second period, when Dave Venman put the Demons in the lead (Jeff Baker, Terry Whelan) banging home a slap shot power play goal off a big rebound off Leal from Baker's own point rocket.

Terrace answered back within 28 seconds scrambling a goal in the crease by Josh Murray after a great fore check caused the Kitimat defense to fumble the puck loose behind their own net.

With just 20 seconds left in the period the Demons were on another power play with Josh Murray serving a high sticking minor. The playoff went like clockwork, allowing Ian Coleman to loft a Craig Hewitson cross behind Leal. A second assist went to Dave Venman, who had a good outing over all. You could see all the time these guys have been on a line making a difference.

It also says a lot that Demons named Brett Vilness the star of their game...he had a magnetic glove hand all night and stoned Terrace on a puck that was under him and that he dropped on and that created the bench minor for the Terrace coaching.

I saw shots at 14-9 for Terrace in the first, 14-9 for Kitimat in the second and 14-10 Kitimat in the third, including eight straight shots that Leal turned aside on a four minute Kitimat power play to start the third period. Terrace poured on about six straight right after that as Blaine Markwart and Robbie Lafferty (twice)got roughing calls that left the Demons playing a man short for too long in the middle ot the third period.

I'd say experience gave Kitimat the edge tonight -- next week in Terrace, it'll have to be a much more aggressive and tougher Kitimat team on the ice.

About 600 fans were on hand to watch a competitive and exciting game. Penalties to Terrace eight minors, and five and a game to Joey Carmano for kneeing. Kitimat served 20 minutes on 10 minors.

All in all the best end to end Kitimat-Terrace entertainment for some time -- but too close for comfort.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Current Topic - demons/riverkings
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement