Welcome to the BC Senior Hockey fan forum. This is a place to follow your favorite Senior hockey teams in the Central Interior Hockey League and the rest of the the Province. The only rule on here is that you keep your posts clean. Remember this is a place for every member of the family.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terrace Kitimat Game

October 14 2011 at 10:50 PM
No score for this post
ZOOIE2001  (Login ZOOIE2001)
from IP address 173.180.158.25

3-2 final for Kitimat. 1-0 Kitimat after 1. 1-1 after 2. 3-2 final with the winning goal scored on a breakaway with a minute left in the game. Awsome game with everyone on the edge of their seats.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

Now I don't know what to say...

No score for this post
October 15 2011, 12:24 AM 

I finally agree with Zooie! What does that mean?

This was a game that maybe demonstrated again that Terrace is a coming team -- but not quite there yet as the Ice Demons pulled off a thrilling 3-2 come from behind win, minus two starting defensemen, and taking one more penalty than Terrace as the second and third periods degenerated into the usual Kitimat-Kings hackfest.

Not to say it wasn't without redeeming value -- as it was the experience that showed throgh and made the difference. with Demons trailing 2-1, with 8.36 left in the third. Jeff Mildenberger retrieved a fumbled puck in the Terrace zone and made an inside move on the defense and sailed a nice goal behind Patrick Leal to tie the game at 2-2 - unassisted.

Just 18 second later there was a giante scrum in front of an behind the Kitiat net as the Kings tried to regain the lead. This led to packed penalty boxes, with Demons' Justin Bogaert giving the Kings the power play for a boarding call, and Craig Hewitson and Wade Masch in the box with him for roughing calls, with the same calls to Skylar Andrews and Calen Findlay.

This one was down to the wire, with the Ice Demons leading from the 9.40 mark of the first when Dave Venman (Daniel Mayer) got credit for a deflected goal that handcuffed Patrick Leal. That held up till the 10.55 mark of the second when Nathan Soucie (Tristan Murray, Joey Findlay)scored the tying goal with a hard shot that perhaps Kitimat goaltender, Brandon Highton might have liked a second look at, as it glanced up off his pad.

With 11.58 left in the third period Calen Findlay saw the go-ahead goal slide through Highton after he got his glove on it, with assists to Derek Jurista and Toby Mitchell.

Terrace was trying hard to hold on to the lead but the scrum after Mildenberger's unassisted tying goal seemed to energize the Demons' who were by this time missing David Venman and Robbie Lafferty on defence. Wade Masch dropped back and partnered rookie Wade Nicholson.

Terrace tried their best to use the resulting power play to regain the lead, but the Ice Demons seemed to have every answer -- it had to be frustrating and all the more so when Highton made a terrific save and veteran Blaine Markwart lofted a clearance to Craig Hewitson, behind the defense. He went in alone and deked Leal while taking a two hander across the upper arm from the chasing defenseman, scoring with 1.13 still on the clock.

Leal got pulled fort an extra attacker, but Toby Mitchell tripped Kyle Boudreault who was looking at an empty netter and Leal had to go back into the nets.

ZOOIE2001
(Login ZOOIE2001)

Re: Now I don't know what to say...

No score for this post
October 15 2011, 12:42 PM 

So does that mean you are buying the beer at the next game?

Lumpy-Me
(Login DarrelPaulson2)

what is a matter with the rest of the page? I can't see

No score for this post
October 15 2011, 10:24 PM 

Sorry I couldn't read the rest of the paragraph when Blaine lofted the puck and Craig was behind the defence,,,,, for all the ejaculate that covered the rest of the page..Sorry Papa Hewey I am being a goof again... I should erase that but I am sure the bible thumpin forum chief (mall Security) will do that for me....Great game by both teams some the of most exciting hockey put together by the Terrace team in some time.. sounds like Terrace might get a "W" tonight time will tell...

kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

DP? You're a disappointment.

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 9:29 AM 

But, right, did I forget to mention it was some of the best hockey from Terrace in a long time -- in both of the last two games. Guess I did in that short item.

So, there you are. My longer write-ups say that anyway-- but if your personal habits are interfering with your reading -- do that at some other place on the internet. I'm amazed you're so versatile -- two things at the same time - wow!

I write what I see - words of one syllable most times so the grade three grads in Kingsville can still read it and catch on.

But I thought you, for one, would appreciate a good goal -- lots of the peeps throwing their beers at the south-east end of the rink seems upset enough, that the Kings couldn't hold the lead.

Yeah Zooie - I owe you a beer!

(Login DarrelPaulson2)

Just breaking people in slowly to my posting to come

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 12:00 PM 

Al, by now you know not to take anything I say serious, I hope.. after watching that game Friday only makes me wish I had watched the game the previous weekend. Now that Terrace is playing better hockey, and actually being able to skate with the Demons is making for a far better rival and worth the drive to watch them.. Kitimat will always be a stronghold in this league, and that is what makes watching them worth the drive and the money. A good core group of players that know when to turn it up when needed. how many times has Kitimat played to the last second and come out on top, more than I can remember. With kitimat, it aint over until its over.. As for the mess left on your earlier post that couldn't have been me for I am not a good multi-tasker. Good game to both teams

(Login DarrelPaulson2)

Oh yah..

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 12:11 PM 

I do wait for your game commentaries. because it is accurate. and full of the facts from the game. Between you and Big-trav, I wait for that while I am at home being not skinny....

(Login DarrelPaulson2)

Re: Oh yah..

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 12:29 PM 

commentaries/summaries

kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

ok

No score for this post
October 16 2011, 1:21 PM 

ok

Current Topic - Terrace Kitimat Game
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement