Welcome to the BC Senior Hockey fan forum. This is a place to follow your favorite Senior hockey teams in the Central Interior Hockey League and the rest of the the Province. The only rule on here is that you keep your posts clean. Remember this is a place for every member of the family.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terrace takes local battle 4-3 in shootout

November 5 2011 at 11:30 PM
No score for this post
kitimatfan  (Login kitimatfan)
from IP address 173.180.158.142

Kitimat, I think, really let this one slip away as Patrick Leal had a great effort in net for the River Kings.

Demons held a 2-0 lead at the end of the first on goals by Ian Buick (Jeff Mildenberger) and Josh Marsh, a cannon that Leal did not get much chance on. They gave up an early goal to Tristan Murray with six minutes gone in the second -- but the two goal lead was restored with a short-handed unassisted wrap-around goal by Jacob Perreira.

But Terrace kept clawing and got a fortuitous break-through with just 58 seconds left in the second when Rich Clair got one behind Moran (Skyler Andrews, Garrett Kerr) to make it 3-2 going to the third.

Demons came back hard early in the third and Leal and the Terrace D saw a lot of rubber flying, but it was the Kings that got back into the game with a tying goal at 6.15 of the third by Derek Jurista ( Calen and Joel Findlay). A fight in the third saw Jonnie Aiken and Cameron Kerr ejected, with Aiken getting a poor choice instigator penalty thrown in.

The two teams scrummed it out with both goaltenders, Leal and Jamie Moran making great stops that could have turned the game. Penalties in the game were Demons 10 minors and Terrace six minors...

It went to a shoot-out -- with Jacob Perreira and Steve Cullis the only scorers of five on each side before Jeremy Vandenbroek ended the shootout with a nice play on Moran.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

Wow - shootouts the order of the night...

No score for this post
November 5 2011, 11:55 PM 

Terrace, the Rampage and the Luckies all winning in shootouts. Any night -- any team...?

Lumpy-D
(Login DarrelPaulson2)

Anyones game no doubt

No score for this post
November 6 2011, 12:01 AM 

Was a good game considering both teams were missing some good players. Kitimat looked like they might pull this game off. I agree with Papa Hewey when he says Kitimat might have let this one slip, also with what you said about Terrace never stopped clawing away at the game. I might have a couple of apologies for some security tomorrow after the chirp session around the Terrace bench. I think it was Daniel the first time, but the security calmed it down in fairly short order, what pissed me off is when the second guy was aloud to stand there for what seemed like forever and chirp off at the Terrace bench, If I was down there chirping at the Demons bench they would have been all over me like ugly on an ape. I wasn't impressed, so I stuck my big mouth in the mix. I guess I should have went down there and dealt with him myself, maybe the security was too wrapped up in the shoot-out, I don't know... But anyways I went to watch these two teams play hockey enough of the whining. good game, worth the trip..

kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

Ian's the Dad and former player - Adam is the scorer

No score for this post
November 7 2011, 9:59 PM 

Apologies to Adam Buick who scored the opening goal in this game. It has been some time since his Dad, Ian was a Demons' player. Senior moment...and it shows up on the website too. Sorry guys.

Current Topic - Terrace takes local battle 4-3 in shootout
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement