Welcome to the BC Senior Hockey fan forum. This is a place to follow your favorite Senior hockey teams in the Central Interior Hockey League and the rest of the the Province. The only rule on here is that you keep your posts clean. Remember this is a place for every member of the family.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Smithers 4 ice demons 1

February 9 2013 at 10:52 PM
No score for this post
thomas  (Login tbowe)
from IP address 206.48.240.166

Smithers 4 kitimat 1

1st period

smi - ian smith (11:04)

2nd period

smi - ian smith (penalty shot)5:58 (pp)
smi - matt arnold (hutchinson,r.devries)15:11 (pp)
kit - brandon wakita (d. wakita,baker) 18:58

3rd period

smi - ian smith (a. devries,young) 15:34 (pp)

goalies
smi - wall
kit mildenberger

powerplays
smi - 3-10
kit - 0-10

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

Ice Demons not at their best...

No score for this post
February 9 2013, 11:12 PM 

The Smithers power play, with two goals converted, plus a penalty shot goal by Ian Smith, one of three for the Steelheads' captain on the night, was the difference as the Steelheads took the road game advantage in game one of the best-of-three CIHL semi-finals, at Tamitik.

The Ice Demons did not play at their best and did not, as hoped, stay out of the penalty box (not always deliberately) -- and then often looked intimidated by the slick passing of the Smithers power-play.

They managed to out-shoot the visitors, 43-30 but could not muster the energetic drive that gave them a 6-0 lead on the River Kings last week. The Demons had a lot of good opportunities on Mike Wall (Smithers took 10 minors to the Demons' nine) but Wall was as good as his name most of the night and especially when short handed.
Kitimat's passing game was beset with lots of fanned efforts that slowed the attack...

Can't really fault referee Tyler Noble, who seemed determined to show he can ref at this level ... but the timing of a soft late interference call on Demons' Dan Jerrett that led to the second PP goal of the night for Smith, at 15.34 of the third, changed the momentum for the Demons and they never really got it back.

They will need a more determined effort on Smithers next week to advance...

steely-on
(Login Steely-on)

The only moment that the Demons were in the Game....

No score for this post
February 10 2013, 11:33 AM 

was on a long 5 on 3 in the second.

Papa you would of been more accurate on your account of the game, if you would of stated......

The Demons touched the puck 43 times, and Mildy 30!!

I do agree with you that it will be a little bit of a challenge next weekend in Smithers but maybe........

The DEmons will be at their Best......

O Ya, the Demons were still in the Game during the National Anthem...... I mite add a good Job done.

DEMONS SUCK
(Login demonslickbawlz)

Re: The only moment that the Demons were in the Game....

No score for this post
February 10 2013, 12:59 PM 

for christ sakes kitimatfan... you're an absolute joke, i can only laugh at your summary of the game. blaming the ref for this one, give me a break. the demons didn't get it done, smithers played well i thought, theres no way in hell this demons team is going to go to smithers next and push this series to a 3rd game. the demons are done and i cant wait til theyre out so i can stop reading your corny write ups. you wanna complain about the ref tell ur guys to get better quality chances and finish better.

kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

Boo Hoo D/S

No score for this post
February 10 2013, 3:11 PM 

Too bad -- but really, just don't read it. It's for Demons fans and other not at the game. By the way, I think I said the Demons did not play well enough to win, or that the ref was to blame. Said the opposite. I see that reading ain't your problem its comprehending.

kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

Wow Steely-On!

No score for this post
February 10 2013, 3:58 PM 

Bit early to start gloating - still ... you've waited so long, over the years.

I've always felt - what goes around etc. It's never over till its over...

steely-on
(Login Steely-on)

WOW Kitimatfan!

No score for this post
February 10 2013, 5:34 PM 

You of all Treasured Hockey fans, should know what a Gloat is and a little shaky on the Facts and also the Fool....
We've been over this before over the years, your credibility in counting has been questionable at best.
I do not know what your reasoning is in embellishing the shots, the play and score speaks for itself.

What ever. I do know for sure that the Fans will fill the Pond of the Bulkley Valley and will be treated to one or two great games this coming weekend.

Cheers,

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement