Welcome to the BC Senior Hockey fan forum. This is a place to follow your favorite Senior hockey teams in the Central Interior Hockey League and the rest of the the Province. The only rule on here is that you keep your posts clean. Remember this is a place for every member of the family.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

kitimat has class

February 17 2013 at 10:29 AM
No score for this post
rsmithers2  (Login rsmithers2)
from IP address 50.98.222.109

Having lived in smithers all my life and playing and coaching thru minor hockey and watching the merchants way back and now the demons one can only say one thing. Kitimat has class! Are there times where issues come up, of course but they are rare. Last night even though the demons were frustrated they tried hard and for the most part played a clean game. We here have the utmost respect for the way you compete over the years and up to now. Competing with you has been fun and always a memorable experience for all.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
kitimatfan
(Login kitimatfan)

This kind of comment is much appreciated ...

No score for this post
February 17 2013, 11:07 AM 

... by the many young players who are part of Kitimat's rebuilding process after a lengthy run of success. When we come to Smithers we know what to expect -- a hard-fought, tough but not vicious game. I have to say also last night's game, as someone else commented, was the most complete and pretty dominating 60-minute games I've seen in Smithers' years in the league.

Hockey is always funny that way -- three weeks ago the Ice Demons ran up six goals in the first round game opening period when just nothing seemed to go wrong - passing was on, tips were working, shot blocks were working and bounces were our way, not Terrace's..

Last night that was the way Smithers played - stick to stick passing, a very hard fore check, earning the bounces -- and for home town fans that's manna from heaven. Demons did not play a "bad" game -- they just never had the room or opportunity to get into second gear while Smithers came out in overdrive.

I've seen it go against Smithers in the past, and the fans have to suck it up. It's our turn and we acknowledge an exciting game for the fans, tough to take for some of the more vet Kitimat players. But they'll all be back and do it again next season. Good luck to the Steelies in the final. That won't be a slam dunk either. Got to also acknowledge a great job by Kitimat rookie 'keeper Tyson Craven, whose acrobatic goal tending kept the score respectable, and got the Demons out of the opening period with a lead.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement