Return to Forum  

LOOKING FOR BC COLLINS

November 25 2013 at 7:55 PM
No score for this post
Pete Peterson  (Login Mustanger7)
from IP address 72.184.98.242

Response to B C Collins

Hi my name is Pete Peterson, I served with B C at Camp Lejeune in the early 60's in 2nd Battalion 2nd Marines and if memory serves me we both as Cpls transferred to 1st Battalion 2nd Marines for a Med Cruise. We both went to Vietnam but to different units. I lost track of him until the 70's when as a Captain I was on a Gy/Sgt Selection Board as a member. When we (the promotion board) were going through the 03 MOS Field I was given his Record Book to review for promotion to Gy/Sgt and then brief his case to the board. Because of some Drill Field issues I had to brief him by exception even thought he had fallen in the automatic select group. The President of the Board a Colonel and the rest of the board had been made aware of the fact that I knew him, I recommended that he be selected for Gy/Sgt and was pleased that the entire board agreed with my recommendation. I've wondered about him over the years and would like a chance to say hello. Respectfully submitted Major Charles R Peterson (Pete)

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message