Back to all Messages  

OK, you shed obsessed person you.

January 10 2010 at 6:21 PM

Fred  (Login FredShinybike)
Rat Engineer

Response to SHOW ME YOUR SHED!!!!!!

My shed is boring.

My garage is better.

The homemade bike lift. The Black Bike is on it now as I adapt a 17" front wheel and brakes from a R1100RT to fit the K bike forks. The shiny bike lurks in the corner next to the vacuum brake bleeder. (PVC pipe and a Harbor Freight venturi setup. Works great!)
[linked image]

The door to the living room, my oxy-fuel setup, and the entrance to the laundry nook.
[linked image]

The laundry nook, which has been taken over by the TIG welder and bandsaw on the left, and the oxy-fuel and hydraulic press on the right. Tool chest in the back. And just now I spotted the hacksaw on the pegboard. I'd been looking for that thing last week.
[linked image]

Looking forward to the workbenches and machine tools. By the way, I found about ten of those workbenches at a metal recycling yard one day. I quickly paid for two of them and made them put them aside while I drove home and came back with my truck. By the time I got back, all of them were gone except for the two I had bought. Total cost, about $40 including new MDF for the tops. They're probably my best junkyard find, since I can't count the NASA liquid oxygen tank that I found in the Bahamas. I couldn't find a way to bring that home.
[linked image]
[linked image]

The parts washer and bench grinder.
[linked image]

From left to right, grinder, air conditioner (a necessity here in the summer!), milling machine and toolchest for the various accessories, space heater (a necessity this month), and the computer that runs the CNC mill.
[linked image]

The computer again, a pile of crap on the bench, and the air compressor. And to my shame, a motorcycle cleaning product is visible in this picture.
[linked image]

More pegboard that the previous owner installed. It's handy stuff. My mini-lathe and its toolbox.
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses