Rat Bike Zone BBS RSS

latest posts | picture of the day
 Back to all Messages  

But the easiest option would be a 1/8 BSP female hosetail.

July 22 2012 at 10:58 PM

rex  (Login thestinkiestbob)

Response to How I tried to do it

Should cost about two quid maximum.

But BOTH of the things I ordered recently by post were absolutely WRONG in every possible way. It beggars belief. It's absolutely ludicrous how messed up EVERTHING always is.

I remember when I worked at the bike shop whenever the post came it was almost always the WRONG thing, and my mate would be on the phone YET AGAIN trying to sort out YET ANOTHER messed up order, and next week you'd be guaranteed to open a box of THE WRONG PARTS AGAIN.

It nearly had him in tears many times trying to sort out the correct parts for customer's bikes. It cost us time and made customers angry. I simply don't have the patience for that sort of thing.

Next week I'll have a go at trying to find a simple 1/8 BSP female hosetail fitting that would screw right on to the fuel tap and cure everything, but I almost already know it will be futile. It's like the double lipped 25x35x7 viton output shaft oil seals I get from Germany for like £2 each and use as main seals as well. The bloke at my local bearing shop has told me to my face that they DO NOT make that seal even when I had an old one in my hand. WHY?????

WHY WHY WHY?

Respond to this message