Rat Bike Zone BBS RSS

latest posts | picture of the day
 Back to all Messages  

No violins!

August 3 2012 at 8:50 PM

rex  (Login thestinkiestbob)

Response to Didn't you take that tap apart and fiddle with it before fitting it?

Strangely enough that bit that was leaking is the ONLY bit I didn't fiddle with! I swear to god, everything else works fine. All the drilling and tapping and rethreading, it's all bullet proof THERE. It's only at the bit that I never even touched that it went all completely tits up.

Fixed it now, I had to go fiddle with it today.

The stupid plunger device had the WRONG SIZE O-rings on it! I couldn't believe it, that means that the tap I was sold, after TWO full and clear emails complete with pictures and part numbers off their OWN web site, was not only the wrong fitting at both ends, it was also made completely wrong in the fecking middle as well!

How can ANYTHING be gotten SO completely and utterly WRONG? It's a new low in British engineering. I absolutely can't believe it.

Luckily I had a bunch of random O-rings in my stash of old carb bits in the lockup so I replaced them with a couple that actually FIT the thing, and now it seems to be working just fine.

Respond to this message   
Responses