For complaints or to report inappropriate behaviour please see the post called: Reports and Complaints

Return to Index  

Re: JOHNNY MCFARLAND

October 16 2008 at 12:59 PM
Anonymous  (no login)

Response to JOHNNY MCFARLAND

John McFarland was playing center on Sunday vs Brampton. I watched him play about 15 games last year, mostly in the playoffs, and it seemed to me that he enjoyed the most success while playing left wing on a line with Toffoli centering. JM on Sunday didn't look comfortable playing center, too much responsibility, I guess the Sudbury coaching staff believes he will make the adjustment. In my opinion, JM is more suited to playing wing, where he can focus on his scoring prowess. Playing center takes a large commitment on defensive coverage. My bet is that he will play wing by the middle of the year. Question is; does Sudbury have the skill at the center position? Answer; no, after O'Dell they don't have much.

As for Thomas' kid, to his credit he did improve the most of any player from Bantam to Minor Midget. The strength of his game is his physical play and at 160 lbs (if that) it doesn't get you very far against bigger players in the O. It will take a season at least for him to adjust. He does have upside based on his effort alone and can contribute goals from 6 feet in.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement