For complaints or to report inappropriate behaviour please see the post called: Reports and Complaints

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Let's discuss these numbers what do you guys think?

August 8 2008 at 12:04 PM
Anonymous  (no login)

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Let's discuss these numbers what do you guys think?

August 9 2008, 8:09 PM 

What numbers? All they give you is percentages. Sweina if you don't like Hockey Canada don't play in it. It is that simple!

Anonymous
(no login)

August 9 2008, 9:05 PM 

.170 Are you seriously stupid?!! If you don't like Hockey Canada, in other words if things aren't right then we should all just allow it to go on and not play in anything HC ?! Well, there is no competition to it as HC has tried to do away with that also! Man .170 YOU MUST BE FROM HOCKEY CANADA!! You always protect everything HC!! There are lots of good things HC is doing and yet there are also some very sad things that they're doing. Point is for them to get with the modern era and avoid running Hockey Canada like poilitcians run this country!!

Anonymous
(no login)

August 9 2008, 10:16 PM 

.170 I just put the numbers out there did not say any plus or minus about them. Just looking for comments? Are you able to read pie charts?

Anonymous
(no login)

August 9 2008, 10:21 PM 

what's done with the surplus? Or, should I ask? .170 can you tell me?

Anonymous
(no login)

August 10 2008, 11:34 PM 

What about the surplus? Many non-profit organizations operate with a surplus. The GTHL had a surplus, which is currently being depleted to maintain the registration costs, while other revenue streams are being sought out.

Hockey Canada is an organization which holds elections every year. The process is transparent and open to the public. You make slanderous remark stating how the system is flawed, and how corrupt it is. However, you choose to do nothing about it, but slander the organization and its members. I remind you that slander is illegal in Canada, as such Hockey Canada and its members have the right to seek reparation for the damages cause my your comments and false accusations.

As for what is done with the surplus, you will have to contact Hockey Canada for the actual answer. However, many non-profit organizations invest the money in capital projects and investments (t-bills,stocks, mutual funds, etc.), many also maintain a cash reserve for time of financial hardship.

As for reading pie charts, I am quite well versed in reading and interpretation of financial information. If you are literate in financial information you will see that the portion of money that Hockey Canada collects from "you" is actually quite small (6.3%) that comes under the heading Assessments.

Sweina if you truely don't like the manner in which Hockey Canada operates you have a couple of options which include:
1. Running for election and attempting to fix the organization.
2. Contacting elected members (directors) and voice your opinions (as uneducated as they are).
3. Do nothing and allow status quo to prevail.

My question to you is did you by any chance attend one of the minor hockey summits hosted by the OHF? That was your opportunity to voice your opinion. Hopefully you availed yourself of the opportunity.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 11 2008, 6:12 PM 

Please infrom me where I've made a slanderous remark as this is a very serious accusation you are making here. I simply asked what people are thinking and it's no different than putting our info on one of our political parties. If you were reading any post at all you would see that there is a thread asking for suggestions as to how we can improve the system. Are we in Beijing or Canada or are you sure based on your accusations? As for the surplus, how would you know where it goes? Actually, just point me to the audited financial statments and I'll have a look myself- afterall, it is public isn't it?

Anonymous
(no login)

August 11 2008, 6:17 PM 

hey .210 did you say this? or, am I making things up?

I could name names and Clubs and so on, but you already know this and I can surmise your ONLY reason on here is to try and cover up what many have run into. Again, Hockey Canada has done some great things, but is in my opinion DOES NOT serve the interest of the average minor hockey player."

Wow is this slander or an enlightened opinion? Please help me understand as I do not understnad where you stand on this hockey thing?

Anonymous
(no login)

August 12 2008, 2:04 PM 

I suggest visiting the Hockey Canada website and looking under the About Us section. It contains an annual report.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 12 2008, 2:38 PM 

excellent suggestion. Thanks!

Current Topic - Let's discuss these numbers what do you guys think?  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement