For complaints or to report inappropriate behaviour please see the post called: Reports and Complaints

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Untitled

June 5 2009 at 5:16 PM
Anonymous  (Login skilldeveloper)

So here we are! We didn't want a fight! But now, Hockey Canada, OHA, OHF, GTHL, etc., get a well-deserved spanking right across a bare bottom for trying to infringe upon the freedom we all deserve as Canadian citizens!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MINISTER CLEMENT SCORES A GOAL FOR MINOR HOCKEY!

Ottawa, ON, June 4, 2009- Tony Clement, Minister of Industry and Member of Parliament for Parry Sound - Muskoka, today celebrated a win for minor hockey players right across Canada.

Until recently young hockey players who participated in outlaw leagues, or leagues not sanctioned by Hockey Canada, were penalized from playing in a sanctioned leagues for up to two subsequent seasons. Local Members of Parliament and others found this rule unfair and complaints were sent to the Competition Bureau.

In Canada, hockey is our birthright! said Minister Clement. Now, thanks to the individuals who put pressure on Hockey Canada, the obstacles faced by some of our young players are gone. We have restored the right of every Canadian to play hockey wherever and whenever they like. We have taken our local teams, like the South Muskoka Shield, out of the penalty box.

The Competition Bureau received complaints about Hockey Canada sanctioning against so-called outlaw hockey leagues, and the players and arenas in which they play. The Bureau examined the bulletin and concluded that some aspects of the sanctions gave rise to issues under section 79 of the Competition Act, otherwise known as the abuse of dominance provision.

As a result of the dialogue initiated by the Bureau, Hockey Canada has eliminated three major sanctions:

1) Municipalities and arenas may now offer ice time to non-affiliated leagues without the fear of losing the business of Hockey Canada-sanctioned activities.

2) The suspension period for a player that participates in an outlaw league can no longer extend beyond the season in which that participation takes place.

3) The third sanction was changed to make it clear that a Hockey Canada team would not be in violation of the bulletin merely by playing in the same arena as an outlaw league.

Im thrilled about this historic decision, said Minister Clement. This just goes to show that the system works. Now it is time to get back to doing what we do extremely well here in Parry Sound-Muskoka: play hockey!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Untitled

June 5 2009, 7:25 PM 

SOURCE???

Anonymous
(no login)

June 6 2009, 11:10 AM 

All sports need to wake up and eliminate all these borders and just let kids play where they desire and have the opportunity to play. In Canada, we are always putting sticks in the legs of progress for fear that someone might have a better idea or program.

Many baby boomers are aware of the saying "go west young man !" Parents were a little apprehensive when this was broached by their children, however, many left to find their fortunes or in many cases themselves.

Kids in minor hockey playing AAA for zone teams have to jump through loops and sometimes take unnecessary legal action to move on. Imagine if the employment world worked under this same model. If you were born in Peterborough, you would have to attend their tryouts 1st and get cut. Then you would have to attend the Central zone tryouts and get cut. Then the journey continues to Quinte and get cut. All of this has to materialize before you can get to the centre of choice which could be Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax/Pickering, GTHL. Now you can circumvent this systems by simply moving your family within their respective designated zone. What a deal.

The reality is these associations their mission statements usually have this clause embedded in them "for the better interests of the players ?"

When in fact they protect the cushy jobs/positions of adults and their existence is fully dependent on registration fees etc. The kids are the clients, usually clients get a better deal or they change their relationships and move on. Under the current rules this is not possible.

Tier II Junior A opened the doors last year, now it time for minor hockey to follow suit.

Anonymous
(no login)

June 6 2009, 9:16 PM 

so are these outlaw leagues still going to use the HC rule book, coaches, officials??? Sounds like when Quebec wanted to leave Canada but keep the Loonie...
This pissing match between HC and the so called outlaw leagues are all for the benefit of the men in power who wish to better themselves. Make no mistake this isn't about bettering the opportunities for minor hockey players.
As for opening borders all that would do is build "super teams" in which centres offer MINOR HOCKEY "AMATEUR" PLAYERS money and perks to come play for them. One team gets the best players and it kills competition in the leagues.
If you want to open the borders for hockey players you might as well kiss good bye to 3/4 of the AAA teams and you will have a team from Thunder Bay playing in Windsor on a Saturday night for a league game. I don't think that is what anyone wants. People need to look at more than just the GTHL or Toronto area when making there statements or decisions.
One final point. Has anyone from the GTA seen a Jr. B game from the OHA??? It seems to me that the Jr. B hockey from that league is better quality than so called Tier II Jr. A.
Just my thoughts I know some of you will have your panties in a bunch but remember minor hockey is for the kids to play and develop. If you think your son will make the National League just because there are no more borders well then I wish you and your son the best of luck.

Anonymous
(no login)

June 8 2009, 9:07 AM 

Super teams have been existence for many years. The politics in sports in general is at issue here. At present, some centres in their bylaws/constitution have restrictions on how many imports they are allowed on their rosters. In some cases, it is simply to provide an opportunity for local kids who live in the AAA Zone to play. Fortunately, some zones have a AA team which can still provide exposures to a competitive environment to play in. The reality is many of these organizations work on their own agendas and feel they have more to offer than the AAA programs. As a result, you get conflicts and adult personalities getting in the way of progress.

Needless to say the development of the athletes on and off the ice gets comprimised versus working together and promoting players to higher levels at their playing skills improve.

This is the reality in the smaller AAA Zones which do not have the inventory to compete with those areas where the population base provides those teams with more players to select from. In minor midget we had 30 kids tryout of which at least 5 - 8 where cut after the 1st 2 sessions. In some areas, these numbers are 150 - 300 skaters. That's why in the OMHA, the west usually dominate the championships. Now things are changing, but it is not due to Hockey Canada, it is due to recruiting and developing programs at younger ages which has a direct benefit on the younger AAA teams in our zone.

Once again, sports teaches young children life skills that may benefit them later in life. Hockey coaches see different things in kids, as is the case with scouts or a player that played professional hockey. Therefore, kids fall through the cracks for various reasons. How ironic, that Tavares can't skate as some experts of the game have noted, yet he could be 1st overall.

How many kids in minor hockey get cut because they can't skate ? Coming from Quebec, my guess would be the bigger players in their younger years because they are fully developed. These kids get pushed down to a AA or A program which does not provide the same level of competition, training etc. Therefore, they do not progress and get promoted.

As most of the hockey players in the Hockey Hall of Fame. One practice a week, one game a week, 5 days outside sometimes 8 - 12 hours a day playing shinny. They'll all tell you that's where they learned their skills while actually having fun. Ask Matt Duchesne what time he was on the ice in the morning in his backyard rink ? Then you'll figure it out.

Anonymous
(no login)

June 8 2009, 12:24 PM 

Yes. Let's all ask Matt Duchesne, shall we. What a dick.
Pal, you have an knack for stating the fukking obvious.
As well, you have got to be the worst goddam writer on the fukking planet...Point in fact:

"In Canada, we are always putting sticks in the legs of progress for fear that someone might have a better idea or program..."

What to fukk does this mean..."sticks in the legs of progress.......?

To be honest with y'all, sport, I'm quite humidified by your attempts at extinguished lacerations. You prortend to be a literist with exhumed skills...yet you are nothing more than a Gethro Bodine, struggling with lassitudes and fortifications.
I emphasize with you....but all-ass, We do not resemble your comments.

Fukk me, chief, you are one illiterate *******.

The Angry Man

Anonymous
(no login)

June 8 2009, 10:21 PM 

Hey PHUK "Pansi" "Hugging" "Useless" "Kid" disguised as AM (Angry Man) you're back ! When you graduate from grade eight you might have a chance to figure it out. You have a propensity to trash every forum on Network54. Too bad your limitations are exposed everytime you respond to to any forums.

Anonymous
(no login)

June 9 2009, 9:54 AM 

Now you're scaring me, boss-man....calling me a "pansi hugging useless kid" and all. Them's fightin' words, Cletus (not very creative, mind you - but fightin' words non-the-less). One thing is for certain, Homer....when I graduate from the 8th grade, I hope to find more worthy adversaries. You, my friend, are too phukking stupid.

Now back to the real issue...exactly what is it that we are to figure-out here? That fukking tome you typed is a pointless, meaningless, fact-less, boring, self-indulgant, pile of clap and pap. You are a phukking dikk!
Now, here's the challenge. I will debate you (on this site) over any point, topic, or position of your choice (Pro or Con, your choice, as well), GTHL, OHL, OPJHL, NCAA, players, coaching, politics, you phukking name it, champ....I'LL GO HEAD-TO-PHUKKING-HEAD with you, no name calling, no swearing, no innuendo, straight-up. Remember, dikk-head...you accused me of not knowing anything about hockey. NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO PROVE HOW PHUKKING RIGHT YOU ARE...AND WHAT AN IDIOT (YOU THINK)I AM.
THE GAUNTLET HAS BEEN THROWN.

YES OR NO, TOUGH GUY.

The Angry Man

Anonymous
(no login)

June 14 2009, 9:12 AM 

Hey angry maybe get some help with anger issues it's just hockey and a game afterall or maybe you have some good points in all of the information you have provided? Please share it with us and maybe we can improve hockey which will then improve our kids then our coaches then our politicians then the environment then the country then.... but it's only a game afterall, isn't it?
The hungry man
Hey is that burgers, steak...I smell?

Anonymous
(no login)

June 15 2009, 8:45 AM 

Here's a thought; Instead of calling yourself Hungry Man, why don't you call yourself assshole?
You're a fukking, uncreative, unfunny, wannabe, dikk.

And BTW...what happened to Mr. 235-fukking-hockey-expert-dikklick? No response? Phukking clown.

The Angry Man

Anonymous
(no login)

June 15 2009, 12:49 PM 

hey buddy take it easy on these guys on the board I've been watching and you seem to have a swearing profanity issue. I know how you can fix it, I will make suggestions that you might want to hear.

The happy man

Anonymous
(no login)

June 15 2009, 1:12 PM 

Wow, the Happy Man to the rescue.
Say, pal, ya know what would make me happy?
I'd be really happy if you could find it in yourself to fukk right off!
A swearing profanity issue? What to phukk?
Is that like a drinking boozing issue, pinhead.
You, my friend, have a punctuation/grammar issue.
Y'all shoulda bin readin' and ritin' in skool...instead a
pullin' yer phukking pud.
Save yourself, you stuttering prick.

The Angry Man

Anonymous
(no login)

June 15 2009, 6:23 PM 

Doesn't it seem there is always a moment in time,
When you can't help but discover a person who may not even be loud,
For lack of their penis size, try other ways in which to shine,
Argos, Leafs, Jays, or hockey discussion board, one or more in every crowd.

The one who stands on their soapbox, exclaiming, "Look at me, look at me",
They get and deserve no respect for their views or experience,
Less than half a brain leads to a vocabulary laced with vulgarity,
Spending their less than valuable time without comprehension nor recompense.

F this, F that, F this, that and the other, on and on,
A moniker declares a man with anger of which he is proud,
In the end, the irrelevance of such a person's right or wrong,
Argos, Leafs, Jays, or hockey discussion board, one or more in every crowd.

DICKLESS ANGRY MAN!!!

Anonymous
(no login)

June 16 2009, 2:43 PM 

That was lame....

Anonymous
(no login)

June 16 2009, 2:44 PM 

Not just Dikless

Anonymous
(no login)

June 16 2009, 3:48 PM 

I liked it - nice prose
(but I'm easy to please ...)

Anonymous
(no login)

June 16 2009, 8:03 PM 

no angry it's the hungry man to the rescue. Now hold till whilst i er um cover wit der sauce. which suce you like choclat or vanila? Pleasing to speak to me- gosh I'm starting to sound like linda blair- you know- different voices ...etc. as for my education I'll have you know I dun graduated the 5th grade-yep. so what does this have to do with hockey as you wanted to show us your prowess( that' like powerless but spelt differently- see what they teach me in the 5th grade)

Anonymous
(no login)

June 17 2009, 9:51 AM 

Hey, 74.127.247.239!

I love it when asssholes try to impress me with their writing skills...all flowery and shiit. Let's have a peek at some real, idiotic pap, as follows:

"Doesn't it seem there is always a moment in time,
When you can't help but discover a person who may not even be loud,
For lack of their penis size, try other ways in which to shine,
Argos, Leafs, Jays, or hockey discussion board, one or more in every crowd..."

239...you have got to be joking....No....phukking embarrassed.
I'll give a million, fukking dollars to anyone who can tell me what to phuck that means! Is there a correlation between loudness and dikk size? Are you suggesting (as well) that the Argos, Leafs and Jays - like me - have no dicks? Or perhaps that they - again, like me - are (for some reason) loud! Can you hear my yelling or typing? Which is it, you illiterate twat?
I think that you have spent far too much time on the loading dock. It's understandable that pushing a broom all-day can wear a brain down. And...when you start with nothing, the erosion can be fast and ruthless.
I'll wager you have difficulty tying your shoes?! Normaly, I would spar with
someone for the sake of it. But I'll be honest with you, chief....you are not worth the effort. Should I compromise MY standards to teach you a goddam lesson? Well, in the words of Louie B. Mayer, the legendary movie mogul, "I can answer that in three words...Im Phukking Possible."
You bore me, dikkweed.

And Hungry Man (or whatever your phukking name is)...they say that immitation is the sincerest form of flattery...well....
there's a difference between being funny and being a fukking clown.
You bore me you goddam Bozo. Give it a rest.

The Angry Man
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anonymous
(no login)

June 17 2009, 10:12 AM 

Angry Man you are one fuuucked up dude,love reading your **** brings a smile to my face evry time LOL!!

Anonymous
(no login)

June 17 2009, 10:14 AM 

Hey angry let's talk about the thread instead of your stuff tell it to a phychiatrist. Can we begin to discuss the thread? As for imitation, what does hungry have to do with being angry? Let's start discussing the thread. Ready, set, go...

Love that tofu
The hungry man

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement