_uacct = "UA-847354-2"; urchinTracker(); Bible Matters Forum function N54_noerror(msg, url, lno) { return true; } //window.onerror = N54_noerror; Bible Matters - Forum

Bible Matters Discussion Forum

Bible Matters is not responsible for the ads placed on the forum.
Please treat everyone that post in this forum with respect.
If anyone has any suggestions, questions or concerns: contact Macmike

* COOL LINKS*

Mike Hughes Website
Wilmington church of Christ Website

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Christ's church

February 23 2008 at 3:17 AM
  (Login wrglom)
Bible Matters Forum

I believe this will do since it was bought by Christ, or 'church of Christ.'
Belonging to Him.

O'Neal Martin

O'Neal Martin

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login cmouse)
Bible Matters Forum

Re: Christ's church

February 24 2008, 7:34 AM 

I too have often thought it would be a good idea to use ' Christ's Church.' And I have spoken with quite a number of people who would like to see it changed.
The thinking is, that the name 'Church of Christ ' has been to long associated with what is now considered a corrupt body of believers. And a new name is needed that we (N-I) can be associated with.
But I don't see that happening in my lifetime.
cmouse

Respond to this message   
Jack Critchfield
(Login jcritch)
Bible Matters Forum

Re: Christ's Church

March 20 2008, 4:43 PM 

Changing the name from Church of Christ to Christ's Church will do more harm than good. If you travel to the UK (England, Ireland, etc.) you will find Christ's Church and it is not any where close to what we know as the Church of Christ (Institutional or NI).

Respond to this message   

(Login Drmacmike)
Forum Owner

Re: Christ's Church

March 20 2008, 10:31 PM 

I know of a church in Plymouth, IN that is called Christ's church and it is nothing like the church.

Hafa Adai!

Respond to this message   

(Login rh20)
Bible Matters Forum

There is too much concern....

March 24 2008, 5:18 AM 

Each local church is independent and autonomous. This means that any decision to change the name, keep it the same, or not have a name at all is of no concern to any other local church, and certainly NOT the universal body. The more negative retoric I hear about the prospect of a church, or churches, changing their name only serves to makes it appear that we are in fact a denomination.

So what if "Christ's Church" is already used by a group that does not resemble the N.T. church.

http://www.TotalHealth.bz
Brotherly,
Robert Waters

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Christ's church
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement