The Cloud Appreciation Society Chat
The Cloud Appreciation Society

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Appear in a documentary!!

November 5 2008 at 11:00 AM
No score for this post
Paris Palmer  (Login Paris12)

Hi my name is Paris Palmer, and i am a documentary film student in Newport, Wales and i am posting this message because like you i have a passion for clouds and i would love to make a short 3 minute film on the clouds and peoples passions! I am looking for maybe 5 people of different ages, races, genders etc. Just a brief interview on why you join this society and about your passion for clouds.

I would really appreciate your help as this is my first film at University and i really want to make a beautiful film on this subject with a little help from you guys. I don't mind where you live or where you would like to meet, i am more than willing to travel to hear your story!!

Please respond, i would really love to make this documentary!

Thank you

Paris Palmer
University of Wales, Newpor

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
IanLakaEd
(Login IanLakaEd)
Moderators

Docu

No score for this post
November 8 2008, 11:14 AM 

Hi Paris, I have emailed you, but just had a further thought, how about people doing a video clip and sending to you, that might work if you dont mind providing a postal address on here, that would save you a lot of mileage........what do you think....IanL...

Cumulus Mediocris
(Login cumulusmediocris)
Moderators

Appear in a documentary!!

No score for this post
November 9 2008, 12:36 AM 

Hi Paris, sorry for not contacting you sooner, I have been very busy with other commitments.

I am in Birmingham and frequently travel to various parts of Wales seeking cloud pics. I would very much like to assist you in your quest for interviews. I will email you soon.

Regards C.M.

Gini
(Login giniheadinair)
Moderators

Cloud film

Score 5.0 (1 person)
November 10 2008, 7:41 AM 

Hello Paris,

Like CM, I apologise: it's taken me too long to reply to your mail, as Life with a capital 'L' seems to have taken precedence recently! I'd love to help in any way - do email me. I'm a primary teacher in Devon and you may want to think about including a child's eye view of clouds somewhere in your film. I, along with Gavin and Jack Borden from America and others, helped with another short film on clouds by Esther Johnson called 'Celestial' - it would be worth you contacting her (through blanchepictures.com)and chatting about what she did, partly so that you don't produce something too similar, but also because she'd probably be a good person to run some ideas past and could give advice about actually making the film.

Do let us all know how the project progresses and I hope to hear from you again sometime.

Gini

chris thornton
(Login christhorntoncj)

Cumulo nimbus

No score for this post
November 20 2008, 10:57 PM 

Hi Paris
I was born in 1946 and went to school from 1951 onwards. In those days we learned or seemed to do so, by "rote" eg times table, A B C etc , and I am not knocking that except that at a very early age I learned about the cloud "Cumulonimbus"
This cloud and its effect on the weather has stayed with me ever since. I think I was no more than 9 when our teacher told us of this terrifying cloud that as a pilot of a "wooden" plane he flew in the war, he would have to, at all costs, avoid.
He told us of this anvil shaped cloud, on top of ordinary cumulus clouds, that had been "flattened off " by the stratosphere and contained very destructive updraughts and downdraughts which would wreck a light plane of the sort he had flown.
He told us that ice crystals were forced downwards and then upwards and were continually getting bigger until on their downward journey they became too large and heavy to be forced upwards again so fell to Earth as, heavy rain, hail stones, etc etc.
I do not know all the different cloud formations but have had a fascination for them ever since that time, over 50 years ago when our ex R A F pilot/teacher told us of the dreaded cumulonimbus and continue to do so 50 odd years later!!
Chris

Anonymous
(Login cumulusmediocris)
Moderators

Appear in a documentary

No score for this post
November 22 2008, 12:02 AM 

Hi Paris (and friend, sorry, forgot your name), many thanks for an interesting meeting. Looking forward to seeing the results, couple of pics of you both from the bridge session, hope you dont mind.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Jack Borden
(no login)

Responding to Paris Palmer

No score for this post
July 21 2011, 5:52 PM 

Paris---

Anything happening re
your documentary ambitions.

A doc with the "power" to
awaken a person--of any age--to look at the sky
for more than a quick glance--will lead him/her
to an appreciation of what
Ralph Waldo Emerson called
"the ultimate art gallery
just above us" and elsewhere-"the daily bread
of the eyes."

Bring me up to date,

More Sky !!

Jack

Gini
(no login)

Hello Jack!

No score for this post
July 23 2011, 10:59 PM 

Hi there, Jack! So good to see you here on the Forum after such a long while! I have tried emailing you but everything I send keeps bouncing back at me. How can we get in touch? My 'blueyonder' mail is still my main one - please try it so we can continue the cloud education conversation. I have posted recently on a thread on the general Forum - take a look - I'm still getting the kids to 'look up', and they love it!

Gini

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Home