The Cloud Appreciation Society Chat
The Cloud Appreciation Society

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

My books about weather and clouds

June 29 2010 at 8:01 PM
No score for this post
MerdogProductions  (Login MerdogProductions)

Hello all
I'm a self-employed freelance cartoonist/author and have just self-published my 2 newest books for children, which feature the popular "WeatherGens" characters from the 1996-2001 ITV weather forecasts. Do you fellow Brits remember these? I had wanted to write a story about them for years and was lucky enough to become friends with the creator of them and gain permission from E.ON, the rights holder (formerly Powergen).

Both books have a strong weather manipulation/environmental message and I am trying to promote them as best I can, as these issues affect us all.
Also feel free to check out my 2006 story "Cloud People"
All books available from my website:
www.nicolajoannebolton.com
http://static.lulu.com/product/paperback/cloud-people/10808048/thumbnail/320
http://static.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-weathergens/10992819/thumbnail/320
http://static.lulu.com/product/paperback/how-gilda-got-her-shine-back/10915921/thumbnail/320

Would love to get the CAS founder himself, Gavin Pretor-Pinney involved, maybe voicing one of the cloud people if the book were to be turned into an animated series! Anyone know how I can get in touch with Gavin?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Shakur1393)

Shakira

No score for this post
February 19 2012, 1:34 PM 

Sorry, no, but I love reading and would like to be a writer too. I live in England, can I find your book in any libraroes? I'd love to read it!

(no login)

Cloud books

No score for this post
February 21 2012, 6:43 PM 

Hi Nicola,

I've just downloaded one of your WeatherGens books and like what I've read so far! I agree, it lends itself to animation. I guess you will have to send a synopsis out to as many animation production companies as you can and hope that one of them will take up the option. As to contacting Gavin - you will find his email by clicking on his name in any of his posts on the Forum, as long as it is in red (this is a direct link to an email doc)- try his post on the 'Gatherings' section of the forum. I'm sure you're right that his voice would be ideal for a WeatherGen!
I've been thinking ahead as I retire from teaching this July and voice-over work is something I'd love to do - I am hoping to record for Talking Books if they'll have me: reading aloud, particularly to children, is something I really love doing.
Good luck with getting your books turned into animations - don't give up!

Gini

(Login Saechem)

Your Weatherbook The Cloud People

No score for this post
March 15 2012, 4:31 PM 

The cover page looks terrific. Haven't had time to free read but this looks interesting. I am curious on your take of cloud people. Will download your book as soon as I can

(Login Shakur393)

I am reading!!

No score for this post
August 10 2013, 4:37 PM 

I'm reading it right now on Amazon. So great!

(no login)

Re: I am reading!!

No score for this post
August 16 2013, 5:46 AM 

Hey, fantastic to hear that your book is on Amazon - well done!

Current Topic - My books about weather and clouds
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Home