Return to Index  

I'd like to know how you did that, too.

September 8 2001 at 10:46 PM
Carbon Copy  (Login Carbon_Copy)
from IP address 128.211.159.14

Response to That Was Painful: Death of a Rogue Rogue

My "Players 8" elemental bowazon had a really nasty time vs. Diablo, even with clvl 30 skills at her disposal and a decent level of Guided Arrow. I didn't die (my only death so far has been to a cheesy Summoner Firewall), but I didn't win any style points for the kill (unless by "style points" you mean "Hellclap").

The way I dispatched Big D was exactly the same as the way I dispatched Little D: I, too, had found the unique hand axe (The Gnasher!), and I have it in my secondary slot, along with the umbral disk (I have a good block percentage with it, just under the listed value for the shield. Besides, I hate selling off uniques). I just stand toe-to-toe and beat on him with The Gnasher and let Open Wounds do its job. I found this to be much more effective than pounding on him with guided arrows or freezing arrows, and much easier on the mana. Of course, this was probably because I played the act bosses under players 8, as well as everything else, and I probably could have dispatched Diablo under "Players 1" conditions with relative ease using only a bow at clvl 32 (the first available opportunity for me to kill him, the Curve is very kind to the players 8 character. AFAIK it was only the second battle I fought where I was at a disadvantage due to the Curve, the first one being Blood Raven back in Act 1).

-CC

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Players 1, and the real problem was - Occhi on Sep 9, 9:15 AM
    1. Esc key - Carbon Copy on Sep 9, 11:04 AM
      1. Ya know, I forgot about that LOL - Occhi on Sep 10, 9:28 AM

Find more forums on DiabloCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

(reserved) Other Quick Links - FAQ, History, etc..