Return to Index  

Nits/Suggestions on equipment changes, etc. (long)

September 28 2001 at 1:17 AM
Carbon Copy  (Login Carbon_Copy)
from IP address 128.211.159.11

Response to And Now For Something Completely Different

"Bedevere and Galahad are bucketheads, and will gladly use a face-covering helm as soon as possible."

I was noticing something today while skipping around and looking for castles: Not only is Galahad NOT a buckethead, he is never seen to be wearing any headgear at all in any scene at any time in this movie. A couple of the random unnamed knights ARE bucketheads, however, besides Sir Bedevere.

Therefore, perhaps, we allow the circlet-class of headgear on Galahad, since his head is bare for the entire movie and those sorts of hats leave the wearer's avatar bare-headed, and then perhaps further prohibit him from wearing any other sort of headgear at all.

Also, Robin and Lancelot, when they were wearing any head protection at all, wore mail hoods that were attached to their armors. While there isn't anything in the game having to do with mail hoods, skull caps and helms probably look the closest. Let them compete for the best of those two types that fall, while Bedevere alone gets his pick of the Full Helms and Great Helms.

Again, that leaves Patsy to the caps, Robin/Lancelot to fight amongst themselves for the skull caps/helms, Bedevere to have the Full Helms and Great Helms, while Galahad uses circlets and Arthur wears crowns.

Also, since I don't see this in the equipment rules anywhere else, may I suggest perhaps prohibiting Robin from wearing anything that impedes his stamina drain or his run speed (the better to flee with), except perhaps medium armors like chain mail (but not heavy armors like scale mail or plate mail), but only until a light plate is found. furthermore, require him to wear the fastest run speed boots he can find and carry the four highest increase stamina charms the team finds, replaced later in the game with the four highest increased run speed charms the team finds (i.e. he may drop a stamina charm to pick up a speed charm if he so chooses, and once the team has found four speed charms, he will not be required to carry any stamina charms, only the four charms that convey the fastest running speed. He may, of course, hold other charms as he sees fit).

Arthur also never wore a shield at any point that I remember, while Lancelot, Galahad, Bedevere, and Robin all wore shields. So, I suppose, prohibit Arthur from ever wearing a shield, unless you find that too restrictive.

I also think that your restrictions regarding fighting the bunny Korlic are going to result in the team hitting a brick wall that they would be unable to surmount, at least until Arthur runs out of Oil Potions to throw (considering the number he is capable of carrying, it could be some time before that happens), especially in later difficulties. In the movie, of course, they didn't believe Tim the Enchanter and first tried attacking the rabbit directly before resorting to the Holy Hand Grenade. I say that if the team can rout the Ancients on the first try (including bunny Korlic), then the Holy Hand Grenade shall not be deemed necessary and the knights can all agree that Tim was full of Scottish crap. However, should they suffer three deaths during the fight (any three, assuming the knights are allowed to rejoin the fight in progress), then they must run back to town and resort to using the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. And let's not forget the timeless words of the book of Armaments, Chapter 2, verses 9-21:

"And St. Attila raised his hand grenade up on high saying 'O Lord bless this thy hand grenade that with it thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutangs and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and..."

"Erm...let's skip a bit..."

"... Er ... oh, yes ... and the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.'"

Now, regarding the shrubbery needed to appease the Knights Who Say Ni, let me ask you something: What do many shrubberies have? Thorns! That means that that our intrepid heros must then return to the Kurast Docks and demand a shrubbery from the Shrubber Hratli, I mean, Roger. You must then reset his inventory until he sells an item that is "of thorns", then proceed to buy that item (an item of thorns that is currently worn or carried will not do, you must buy it from the shrubber, selling off cash items, minstrel equipment, and, if necessary, the equipment off your own backs until someone is capable of buying it. Could get ugly if you're trying to buy a Godly Sacred Armor of Thorns!). Then you must lay it next to the compelling orb before you begin attacking the Knights Who, until recently, said "Ni!", and begin to speak the one word that they cannot stand to hear. Once you have incapacitated the Knights who say Ni, you may retrieve your shrubbery, if you wish. It's not like they're in any condition to stop you.

And I think that's it for now.

-CC

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Bucketheads - LemmingofGlory on Sep 28, 2001, 9:01 PM
    1. Responses - Carbon Copy on Sep 29, 2001, 1:21 AM
      1. Arthur's Shield - LemmingofGlory on Sep 29, 2001, 4:15 PM
        1. Meow - Carbon Copy on Sep 29, 2001, 9:50 PM
          1. On Excalibur - LemmingofGlory on Sep 30, 2001, 2:25 PM
            1. Moo - Carbon Copy on Sep 30, 2001, 3:52 PM
              1. The Barb NPCs stay rescued?! - Anorexorcist on Sep 30, 2001, 6:40 PM
          2. Excalibur Should be Imbued by Charsi - Occhi on Oct 1, 2001, 10:11 AM

Find more forums on DiabloCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

(reserved) Other Quick Links - FAQ, History, etc..