And, again, you miss the point.April 11 2002 at 10:53 PM
|Pete (Login --Pete)|
from IP address 220.127.116.11
Response to Perhaps, just perhaps. Shall we try, or just judge first.
One entity asks for a GUT, the other writes a couple of equations and then it is up to the first to show they work or not. But, if the equations are something the asker can understand, then they aren't much further along than he's been. And if they are something the asker can't understand, then he can't do anything with them. So it doesn't matter if the answer is advanced science or bull.
So, the problem you pose is nonsense, for what I said above applies to any answer to any question, or jut knowledge tossed at us. If what we are told is testable by us, then it is at best an increment of our knowledge. And if not testable, then we don't know if we're being dazzled or baffled. Thus, neither way does it meet your criteria.
I posted this first time with the impression that this would be interesting. I post now with the feeling i have intruded on a private party.
There is interesting speculation and uninteresting speculation. Interesting: "would life have developed on Earth if the Moon wasn't present?" Uninteresting: "what if the moon were really made of green cheese?" It's not a private party, but it does have pretty high standards.
- hmm - ErickSinda on Apr 12, 2002, 7:40 AM
- Exactly - Linger on Apr 12, 2002, 8:50 AM
- How do we know what we know? - Pete on Apr 12, 2002, 10:45 AM
- Good afternoon - Linger on Apr 12, 2002, 10:10 AM
- About clarity - Occhidiangela on Apr 15, 2002, 11:54 AM
- Just a dinner for two - Linger on Apr 15, 2002, 12:33 PM
- OK, not as clear as I thought it was. - Occhi on Apr 15, 2002, 1:20 PM
- excuse you - Linger on Apr 15, 2002, 3:10 PM
- Have we forgotten our manners!? And why can't we push a rope? - KingOfPain on Apr 16, 2002, 1:27 AM
- Reply - Sirian on Apr 16, 2002, 3:30 AM
- "why are you here" - Anonymous on Apr 16, 2002, 9:46 AM
- Yeah - Sirian on Apr 16, 2002, 3:30 PM
- What are we doin here? - Linger on Apr 16, 2002, 7:22 PM
- "While I Eat Eclairs" - Sirian on Apr 17, 2002, 4:19 AM
- Patients grasshopper - Linger on Apr 17, 2002, 9:23 AM
- here we are. - Linger on Apr 17, 2002, 6:52 PM
- Re: here we are. - Sirian on Apr 18, 2002, 12:31 AM
- I disagree, as reader and writer, with a point you made - Occhi on Apr 18, 2002, 8:32 AM
- Grin - Sirian on Apr 18, 2002, 5:04 PM
- I disagree, as reader and writer, with a point you made - Occhi on Apr 18, 2002, 8:36 AM
- I think you're both right - Pete on Apr 18, 2002, 10:42 AM
- Clear and Concise - Linger on Apr 19, 2002, 9:29 AM
- Knot Through My Lone Star Beer, eh? - Occhi on Apr 17, 2002, 10:57 AM
- not so fast there! - Griselda on Apr 17, 2002, 1:45 PM
- AH, but you see, since he had paid the rental fee - Occhi on Apr 17, 2002, 2:09 PM
- ok, but - Griselda on Apr 17, 2002, 2:27 PM
- No - Occhi on Apr 17, 2002, 4:08 PM
- Law Jick? - Sirian on Apr 17, 2002, 5:14 PM
- Bravo!!! - Occhi on Apr 18, 2002, 5:59 AM
- The special case of a rope at absolute zero - Occhi on Apr 16, 2002, 9:51 AM
- The special case of a rope at absolute zero - Occhi on Apr 16, 2002, 9:53 AM