Return to Index  

title

May 29 2002 at 6:33 PM
  (Login smegged)
from IP address 211.28.96.7

Response to Continuing for a bit.

I'm glad you posted this Pete, because I didn't want to.

Sirian, it is now the case that of your first four points:

+ Time is the highest truth.

+ There is no divinity.

+ There is no infinity.

+ There is no eternity.

point one is superceded (time and space are not constant, but relative and changing), point two is not clear (naturalists may believe in the relative divinity of the universe itself, that may not necessarily mean intelligent divinity). Points three and four say exactly the same thing, and are widely accepted as an outdated notion in the scientific community. They are manmade constructs to describe things that are so great they are beyond our imagination. The latest research suggests that our universe will go on for eternity, and it will expand to infinity. (What this means is that the universe will eventually die a slow, cold death)

Even though I am a Christian, I believe in the soul, afterlife and God, I have a great respect for the beliefs of ALL other people, ESPECIALLY naturalists. I've said it before, theirs is the viewpoint I spent the most time looking into (other than Christianity).

EDIT: Interestingly enough, the book I am currently 3/4 of the way through reading "Shikasta" provides one of the few actually believeable alternatives to Christianity. Pity it's only fiction .

This message has been edited by smegged from IP address 211.28.96.7 on May 29, 2002 6:38 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. That's ok ... - Ashock on May 29, 8:01 PM
    1. ouchy - smegged on May 29, 8:17 PM
      1. *Shrug*, okis. - Ashock on May 29, 8:29 PM

Find more forums on DiabloCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

(reserved) Other Quick Links - FAQ, History, etc..