Re: The big bang...May 30 2002 at 6:35 AM
|Meldor (Login Meldor)|
from IP address 184.108.40.206
Response to The big bang...
My questions with the big bang dealt with were it came from, what existed prior to the big bang, what generated the big bang? I don't deny that physical evidence exists supporting the big bang theory. However, like the chicken and the egg, even the absolute proof of the big bang still doesn't answer the questions of were it came from and what started it.
Let me say one thing, I am a lot older than most of the folks who post here. In my college days there was only one evolution theory, then it became "Macro" and "micro", and yes now they like to seperate it into evolution and abiogenesis. I am sorry if my terminology isn't clear. However, if you do not believe in devine creation, and if the big bang was the start of the universe, then life had to have spontanously occurred at some point or points somewhere. What ever you want to call that, and the continuation from those first building blocks to our present condition, it is all tied together. You can't throw the baby out with the bath water. Abiogenesis is too hard to show proof for so lets seperate it out and no longer include it. If physical laws are the only criteria we can deal with here then we have to be able to go from A to B to C. There are no unconnected occurences. Pete's high god of game theory even says so.
However, I will for the continued discussion allow the big bang to be a given. Let it be our starting point. Where then did life come from, how did we become differentiated from the apes, and where are the current examples. Give me your best example for abiogenesis and seperately for evolution. This is the third time a have asked for an example of either of them. What are they?
- You misunderstand - smegged on May 30, 7:17 AM
- I understand.... - Meldor on May 30, 7:52 AM
- Small nitpick - Drasca on May 30, 9:51 AM
- That I grant..... - Meldor on May 30, 10:54 AM
- Why not an "Absolute Zero" for time? - Occhi on May 30, 1:37 PM
- There sorta is one - Pete on May 30, 2:35 PM
- About the endless journey - Occhi on May 30, 3:54 PM
- Help :) - Pete on May 30, 4:28 PM
- At the risk of being in over my head - Occhi on May 30, 5:54 PM
- I'm still kind of lost - Pete on May 30, 6:36 PM
- Partly because prose fails me - Occhi on May 31, 7:20 AM
- Then try poetry ;) - Pete on May 31, 10:30 AM
- I have also given myself a headache - Occhi on May 31, 11:14 AM
- Perhaps.... - smegged on May 31, 9:54 PM
- E Pluribus Unum - Sirian on Jun 2, 4:21 AM
- Yes and no - Occhi on Jun 3, 12:39 PM
- Small Nit - Jester on Jun 3, 10:26 PM
- There Are Many Holes... - Sirian on Jun 4, 9:10 PM