Return to Index  

More bull.

August 2 2002 at 1:21 AM
  (Login Roland *The Gunslinger*)
from IP address 66.189.13.167

Response to bull

I'm only addressing one issue, since I don't care to argue about this (to me) pointless topic.

"Seven day trading is NOT a good thing."

Bull. 90% of ALL business done by most stores is done on Saturday and Sunday. Those two days ALONE pull in more money than ALL THE OTHER DAYS COMBINED! To say that having stores be open on Sunday is bad is pure ostrich-syndrome. Plain and simple. I've worked retail for almost 3 years. Weekends make the money. Period. And when money is what you need in order to keep your job (i.e. commissioned sales), you HAVE to work the weekends, or you'll be looking for a better job.

Want something to complain about? How about this. In today's retail market, here in the U.S., most retail workers have a shelf-life of 3 months. Now, you tell me which is a bigger problem. Having the chance to make more money, or knowing that, because of factors beyond your control (number of customers buying), you will only have a job for 3 months before they can you.

Roland The Gunslinger
The Diablo Strategy Compendium
http://www.diablosc.com/
The Diablo Strategy Compendium Forums
http://www.diablosc.com/cgi-bin/dcboard/dcforum.cgi

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Err . . . Roland? - WarBlade on Aug 2, 6:25 AM
    1. Did you notice... - Roland *The Gunslinger* on Aug 2, 11:51 AM
      1. Roland... - Hocus on Aug 2, 5:16 PM
        1. Is that supposed to mean something to me? - Roland *The Gunslinger* on Aug 3, 1:50 AM
          1. Oh that's right, I forgot... - Hocus on Aug 3, 4:18 AM
        2. humourous nit - smegged on Aug 3, 5:13 PM
          1. Lol! <nt> - FoxBat on Aug 3, 7:20 PM
          2. I knew OF Brisbane. - Roland *The Gunslinger* on Aug 4, 2:27 AM

Find more forums on DiabloCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

(reserved) Other Quick Links - FAQ, History, etc..