Tell me doc (edited)March 12 2003 at 7:58 AM
|Pete (Login --Pete)|
from IP address 220.127.116.11
Response to You can't see the wind
But you can see the effects of the wind.
Crap. I can measure air. I can determine what it is made of. As near as I can prove the existence of anything, I can prove the existence of air. And all wind is is the movement of air.
Of "feelings", you are wrong in two ways. First, you are wrong in implying that you cannot prove their existence -- that is easily done from seeing their effects. Indeed, that is all the feelings are, an abstraction for a set of effects. Second, scientists sure as hell can tell you a whole lot of things about feelings. They can show you what parts of the brain are activated using PET scans, they can tell you what chemical balances are changed. What neural pathways are opened and how. There is proof for the existence of feelings. There is none for god.
Stephen Hawking has found the evidence of something greater . . .
Give me a reference. I've read as much of his work as I've been able to find, including his technical work which I doubt you could (given your statements about your understanding of math). I've never seen anything that could be interpreted as his claiming to have found a proof for god.
The rest of your arguments, from design and what have you, have been blown away by intelligent, educated people. They have been shown to be not arguments for the existence of god, only arguments supporting an individuals choice to believe (accept without proof) that existence. One trained in logic and philosophy would know that.
Is the degree in philosophy you claim a lie, did you buy it from a diploma mill, or did you forget all that you learned? For an uneducated person to bring up the crap you did is excusable. For someone claiming to have studied philosophy it is not.
|This message has been edited by --Pete from IP address 18.104.22.168 on Mar 12, 2003 8:15 AM|
- Well - Doc on Mar 12, 2003, 8:13 AM
- On second thought - Doc on Mar 12, 2003, 8:32 AM
- No good - Pete on Mar 12, 2003, 8:55 AM
- And what pray tell - Doc on Mar 12, 2003, 9:15 AM
- Sticky - Doc on Mar 12, 2003, 9:36 AM
- Hogwash - Pete on Mar 12, 2003, 10:13 AM
- I was not made aware - Doc on Mar 12, 2003, 11:32 AM
- As for my "Dimploma Mill" - Doc on Mar 12, 2003, 9:00 AM
- You are pushing me - Pete on Mar 12, 2003, 10:01 AM
- Hey you pushed your self into a corner with me - Doc on Mar 12, 2003, 11:42 AM
- I gave you a choice - Pete on Mar 12, 2003, 11:55 AM
- As for my so called education - Doc on Mar 12, 2003, 12:10 PM
- Really? - Pete on Mar 12, 2003, 12:25 PM
- Of course - Doc on Mar 12, 2003, 12:43 PM
- Not quite - Pete on Mar 12, 2003, 1:08 PM
- Of course, the real irony here - Doc on Mar 12, 2003, 2:49 PM