Two machinesMay 7 2003 at 5:59 PM
|Charis (no login)|
from IP address 22.214.171.124
Response to Techno-Rant Part Duex! Computers Suck!
I would suggest, for sanity's sake, two machines.
Continue to use and enjoy your Mac for all the things (other than games) you like about your computer. Email, pictures, doodling, surfing, whatever. Continue to use the OS and apps you know and love.
Get a secondary Intel machine. Don't even think about it as a computer. It's frankly a game box. Get it with the RAM, video card and processor speed you need, and ONLY install your games on it. Treat it as a toy computer with a toy OS if you like. (No box wars plz, I use and love 'em all in one way or another, just talking to Doc here specifically) This is the route I took, and it has brought tremendous gaming enjoyment without all the tears.
It would be like having two cars, one you love to drive, and the other just for special trips the other isn't well suited for.
- That, my friend... - Roland *The Gunslinger* on May 7, 2003, 6:02 PM
- Well, there is a bit of a problem. - Doc on May 7, 2003, 7:15 PM
- And that I respect. - Roland *The Gunslinger* on May 7, 2003, 8:19 PM
- Maybe not that bad - CelticHound on May 7, 2003, 9:23 PM
- Nit. - Ozymandous on May 8, 2003, 4:09 AM