Well, there he goes againAugust 29 2003 at 8:26 PM
|Ronald Reagan (no login)|
from IP address 184.108.40.206
Response to When is Racism ok?
Well, *slowly shakes head* there he goes again... starting a political thread.
Let's get one thing straight, it appears to me that this is not a group about race, this is a group about culture-- and power of course.
The use of the word "gringo" may have confused things, but what this group wants is to a return to Spanish culture. Their group, as it says, it open to "any student". Sounds to me like it was created as a radical group, but then watered down to become a group that helped the cause of illegal aliens, and nobody bothered striking out the old rhetoric.
What's obvious to me tho, it that the group itself intended to run things in Atzlan. It's really a political power group.
(Whenever I see "Atzlan", I always think of "Zardoz" or whatever it was called.)
Now, what confuses ME is why if they're so concerned about redressing the wrongs of the past, they aren't going to hand the land back to the Amerind people (known as "Native Americans"). Note that they claim to have "civilized" the area and therefore it's theirs to control. Do we need to talk about how the Spanish treated people whose families lived here before the 1490's? The Spaniards of that era were ruthless. Sure, they brought their flavor of Christianity, but watch out if you didn't buy into it.
Now, regarding Arnold, don't sweat about the Nazi thing. Arnold's practically a commie liberal, just ask Rush. The newspaper today (Wash.Post) talked about his Oui Magazine interview in 1977, where he talked about his drug use and group sex, and quoted him referring to homosexuals as "fags". Now, that last part makes him sound Republican but don't be fooled, this guy's not on the Right at all!
And maybe people are concerned about who is father is because of the last few presidential races, where W is a rerun of a (supposedly-)happier time, and Albert Gore, Jr. is just a senator's son who actually grew up in Washington D.C. and therefore didn't know anything about the rest of the country. That's the power of fathers in this country. (Also see the disappointment in the Republican eyes whenever Ron Reagan (the son) is or does anything non-conservative.)
(And BTW anything connected to Nazis, in whatever way, makes news.)
Your Great Communicator,
- It aint about Spanish "Culture" - Occhi on Aug 30, 11:46 AM
- Doesn't look like "Mexico" either - Gringo on Aug 30, 9:46 PM
- The whole Atzlan thing is kinda weird... - Lissa on Aug 30, 11:59 PM
- TO the losers go nothing - Occhi on Aug 31, 6:34 PM
- Possession is 9/10ths of the Law... - Lissa on Aug 31, 7:12 PM
- All they have to do... - Ozymandous on Sep 2, 5:14 AM
- Oh look... - Ozymandous on Sep 2, 5:07 AM
- No, it's even worse. - Doc on Sep 2, 6:55 AM
- Wrong end up - Jester on Sep 2, 1:01 PM
- Splitting hairs - Occhi on Sep 2, 1:42 PM
- Thanks Occhi - Doc on Sep 2, 2:22 PM
- That may be.... - Jester on Sep 2, 7:04 PM
- Why not... - Jester on Sep 2, 7:11 PM
- Poorly paraphrased Shakespear - Doc on Sep 2, 8:28 PM
- You can always trust a terrorist . . . - Occhi on Sep 3, 6:01 AM
- couldn't resist - Griselda on Sep 6, 9:57 AM
- Anonymous to the blind and lazy - He on Sep 2, 10:41 PM
- Blind and lazy? - Ozymandous on Sep 3, 5:09 AM
- a "Van post" is obvious after a while - Xi on Sep 3, 5:31 AM
- Van post? - Occhi on Sep 3, 6:07 AM
- Re: a "e;Van post"e; is obvious after a while - Ashock on Sep 3, 11:29 AM
- Flamin' Lizards! It's Number Eleven! - Van Dung Gum on Sep 4, 9:11 PM
- Hey! It's me! Van! Here's my ID card! - Vanvanvan on Sep 3, 11:50 PM
- *yawn* - Ozymandous on Sep 4, 4:42 AM
- A few points - Occhi on Sep 4, 7:32 AM
- And I have my nickname for Van... - Lissa on Sep 4, 11:49 AM
- mmmmmmm - CannedHam on Sep 4, 8:53 PM
- Have any cosmetic tips? - Lissa on Sep 4, 9:35 PM
- Flossing helps in the long run - Vanpost on Sep 4, 10:05 PM
- You should get more sleep... - Vanpost on Sep 4, 10:02 PM
- Well... - Ozymandous on Sep 5, 4:55 AM
- Roger that, Oevre (off-topic) - Aztvan-Akavan on Sep 6, 10:32 PM
- Speaking of Blessings - Occhi on Sep 5, 6:17 AM
- Of actors and political figures. - Ozymandous on Sep 5, 9:07 AM
- Party affiliation - Occhi on Sep 5, 11:01 AM
- Now you Cut That Out!!!!! - Occhi on Sep 3, 6:13 AM
- Edit - Da Rube on Sep 3, 6:15 AM