Return to Index  

Awful Waffle?

September 17 2003 at 12:37 PM
  (Login Dr_Douglass)
from IP address 67.33.253.197

Response to Hrm, interesting.

Round these parts, we call it the Awful House. Some folk call it the cockroach kitchen though.

Sadly, I fit these stereotypes. I talk slower then molasses in February. Hmm like the Ents in the Two Towers would might say, "If it aint worth saying in old Entish, it ain't worth saying at all." I shoot and eat small mammals. I still on occasion go catfish crawlin. Hmm might need to explain that to the yankees. You go out in a swamp, you reach under the banks and into logs, till you find an ol fat cat fish, then you reach down his throat, grab him by his inner lip flap, and haul his ass out. He chews on you the whole time, so, basically, your hand is bait. You come out bloody, battered, and bruised, but in return you can get a 30 pound or so catty that you could never catch on a hook. Done this since I was a kid, and I still know many folks that do it as it's a good way to get a free meal. I have played with gators, I own enough firearms to arm a small army. I shun the city and all it's trappings. I like my food hot. Damn hot. This ain't Nawlins, but round this house, it be Cajun country. I curse and say crap like "tarnation" on occasion. I know every joke and every one liner Jeff Foxworthy has ever made, and, sadly, most of them ain't jokes. 'Tis true, we can say whole sentences in one word. "Didjeetyet?" "Nawdjoo?" "Yawntoo?" "Aight" Down here, the Handlebar Mustache has never gone out of style, and never will. Neither will Muttonchop Sideburns. The Mullet is still free range and roaming. Tornados are evil demons created by a Vengeful Southern God designed to sniff out cheap mac and cheese, peanut butter, and cheap foam trailer insulation. The 80s are just becoming popular. Almost a full 70% of the population has electricity now! A typical summer day is 100 degrees in the shade with 100% humidity. There is still a good chance that some Southern Gentleman will challenge you to a dual. (Damnit, stop laughing. Why, it was just, what, maybe 4 or 6 years ago two men pulled out real revolvers on main street in down town Greer, counted 20 paces, and shot each other. One man was shot in the knee, the other right through the eye. He died) It's still backwards as can be, and God Bless it. It's mighty interesting.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Oh yeah, a link for you all - Doc on Sep 17, 12:53 PM
  3. But did they have to invent the Mullet? - Occhi on Sep 18, 5:56 AM
    1. Back in the day - Doc on Sep 18, 6:11 AM
      1. Smells of apocrypha to me :) - Occhi on Sep 18, 7:50 AM

Find more forums on DiabloCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

(reserved) Other Quick Links - FAQ, History, etc..