Heh...October 28 2003 at 5:49 AM
|Ozymandous (no login)|
from IP address 184.108.40.206
Response to If you took
We have already broken public education by one, the running amok of liberal silliness being countered by a cowardly approach of quitting and taking the ball home: an entire sector of society, via the voucher approach law, picking up and boycotting public education.
Something has to WORK before it can be broken. I haven't seen yet that the DoEd was actually doing much to make the nations schools teach a balanced ciricullum that emphasized English, Science and Math, as opposed to all this "touchy feely, everyone is a victim" crap that's come out lately.
Vouchers are the solution to allowing people to take their tax money and spend it on schools that DO provide the education that ALL of them should provide. Why dump money into a money pit that doesn't do what you're paying it to do? Would you keep paying for cable TV that was down 40% of the time and offered craptastic shows that appealed to 10% of the viewers the rest? I know I wouldn't want to.
The concept is simple "Pay for performance," you don't perform, you don't get paid. Simple.
- Yo, Oz, read and heed - Occhi on Oct 28, 12:40 PM
- Placing blame. - Ozymandous on Oct 28, 4:47 PM
- You can't MAKE someone learn - Griselda on Oct 28, 10:25 PM
- Excuses - Ozymandous on Oct 29, 4:42 AM
- Learning and Training: A small rant - Occhi on Oct 29, 7:48 AM
- Missing the point? - Ozymandous on Oct 29, 11:48 AM
- Sorry, you may not understand politics - Occhi on Oct 30, 9:48 AM
- Point made. - Ozymandous on Oct 30, 10:15 AM
- Chickens and eggs - Occhi on Oct 30, 2:16 PM
- Well... - Ozymandous on Oct 30, 9:53 PM