Well, here's my reasoning...November 16 2003 at 11:59 AM
|LemmingofGlory (no login)|
from IP address 18.104.22.168
Response to In the case of the two boys
One was raping, the other was helping hold the woman down. Shooting both was par for the course in my book.
My philosophy: If your stupid ass is in the midst of a crime that threatens somebody else, a civillian is free to do whatever necessary to neutralize you.
However, I would draw a line at cruelty.
You break into my house and do not identify yourself as a family member or a law enforcement officer. We both know that you don't belong there. I know it. You know it. You chose to take the risk. If a scuffle ensues and I end up lopping your head off with a shovel, you decided to enter my house. You took your life into your hands.
Now, in this situation, cruelty would involve knocking him out, duct taping him, and rubbing salt into his eyes when he wakes up. Or supergluing his asscheeks together. Or smearing feces on his face until the cops arrive. This would be cruel, and therefore wrong.
If you and your dumbshit friend are holding down a woman and raping her, I'm gonna neutralize BOTH of you rotten assholes. I don't care that one of you is just "holding her down." You're assisting in a violent crime and I am not going to take two seconds to consider "Is it excessive force to cap the one who's not actively humping?" I am not a police officer. I have not been trained to remain calm in such a situation. I will unleash pure disaster to stop you.
Once again: Both of you decided to rape her. Even if the second one wasn't going to get his rocks off, he still decided to assist in the crime. He knows it's wrong. He's a willing participant. If I can stop him from getting away and it takes a bullet to do it, that's just what it takes.
So, in this situation, Doc, I think it'd be cruel to round 'em up and shoot off their willies. But I'd be perfectly happy if you wanted to aim for their crotch.
[o: LEMMING :o]
- Too far - Jester on Nov 16, 2003, 6:43 PM
- It simple. - Ozymandous on Nov 16, 2003, 7:11 PM
- Civilization? - Jester on Nov 16, 2003, 7:30 PM
- Just curious.... - Ashock on Nov 16, 2003, 8:46 PM
- Two reasons, not one - Jester on Nov 16, 2003, 11:01 PM
- Re: Two reasons, not one - Ashock on Nov 17, 2003, 12:21 AM
- One nit...concerning Prison Justice - Lissa on Nov 17, 2003, 10:02 AM
- What you describe is vigilantism - Occhi on Nov 17, 2003, 2:08 PM
- Sorry - Jester on Nov 17, 2003, 3:34 PM
- Fantasy vs. reality. - Ozymandous on Nov 17, 2003, 4:47 AM
- Old and tired argument - Shadow on Nov 17, 2003, 5:09 AM
- As a counterpoint - Occhi on Nov 17, 2003, 6:40 AM
- Morality? - Ozymandous on Nov 17, 2003, 8:48 AM
- Logical outcome - Pete on Nov 17, 2003, 9:09 AM
- Re - Rowain deWolf on Nov 17, 2003, 9:35 AM
- Nuked - Pete on Nov 17, 2003, 9:46 AM
- You're right - Rowain on Nov 18, 2003, 12:17 AM
- I'll take a few of those apart - Occhi on Nov 17, 2003, 11:31 AM
- Re: I'll take a few of those apart - Rowain deWolf on Nov 18, 2003, 6:24 AM
- OK, you asked for it. - Pete on Nov 18, 2003, 9:21 AM
- Re: OK, you asked for it. - Rowain deWolf on Nov 18, 2003, 2:45 PM
- Try again, or better yet, don't - Occhi on Nov 18, 2003, 9:46 AM
- Re: Try again, or better yet, don't - Rowain deWolf on Nov 18, 2003, 2:30 PM
- Then why did you write - Occhi on Nov 19, 2003, 8:08 AM
- I did write - Rowain deWolf on Nov 19, 2003, 10:05 AM
- A couple dead guys said... - Jester on Nov 17, 2003, 3:40 PM
- Another dead guy said - Occhi on Nov 17, 2003, 4:44 PM
- Responses - Shadow on Nov 17, 2003, 10:36 AM
- Why, then we agree :) - Pete on Nov 17, 2003, 12:12 PM
- I don't confuse morality and Government - Occhi on Nov 17, 2003, 12:39 PM
- Active agents of their deaths - Jester on Nov 17, 2003, 3:28 PM
- In that case - Occhi on Nov 18, 2003, 11:29 AM
- There is one reason - Occhi on Nov 17, 2003, 6:35 AM
- Redrum! Redrum! - LemmingofGlory on Nov 17, 2003, 6:50 AM
- A point and an EEP! - Occhi on Nov 17, 2003, 6:54 AM