Return to Index  

interesting

January 29 2004 at 10:00 AM
smegged  (Login smegged)
from IP address 210.49.17.217

Response to Hot and cold flashes - planetary menopause?

I was thinking how crazy the weather has been lately. Here in Brisbane, Aus we have been hit with a storm season like one that I have never seen before. Nearly daily since Christmas we have been hit with afternoon/evening storms. Western Queensland, which has been in drought for a long time has reported flooding and rivers that have burst their banks. The news headlines this evening read "Yet Again". Storms have been felling trees and damaging property and cars. Millions of dollars worth of damage has been done in Brisbane so far. People can't find builders to fix their rooves that have been hit by falling branches. The heat has been sitting around 35 degrees Celcius (in the 90s F I think) with very high humidity. And to top it all off, once the rain and storms stop, the mosquito population will explode in plague proportions (so the news tells us anyway).

On the other side of the world, the US is experiencing one of the worst thaws in history. The death toll is in the late 50s, mostly due to cars losing control and crashing. Schools have been closed in some parts, and large areas of the country are blanketed in snow.

Sounds a bit like something out of a bad sci fi novel to me .

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. :) - Ozymandous on Jan 29, 2004, 12:29 PM
Find more forums on DiabloCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

(reserved) Other Quick Links - FAQ, History, etc..