Because they're wrong?March 18 2004 at 3:25 PM
|Jester (no login)|
from IP address 22.214.171.124
Response to Interesting
"Why hasn't the Canadian government forced their own businesses to clean up their act as they did when acid rain was such a huge issue with companies inside the US?"
Because they're stalling hypocrites who want to reap the rewards of being socially responsible without incurring any of the costs?
Because they're too often in the pocket of businesses, rather than the Canadian public?
Because, especially here in the West, Corporate interests, since they have influential lobbies and generate lots of revenues, are given truly ludicrous breaks in nearly every contest between their interest and the public good?
No, you're not going to find me defending my government on that. In many respects, they're even worse than you Americans.
- Re: Because they're wrong? - Ashock on Mar 18, 5:29 PM
- Why, yes! - Jester on Mar 18, 5:38 PM
- Heh.. - Ozymandous on Mar 18, 7:43 PM
- Pot, meet Kettle - Zed on Mar 18, 7:54 PM
- When was the last time... - Ozymandous on Mar 19, 4:43 AM
- How about now - Zed on Mar 19, 8:42 AM
- Ah, I see. - Ozymandous on Mar 19, 9:48 AM
- Hmm - Zed on Mar 19, 11:56 AM
- Really? - Pete on Mar 19, 5:58 PM
- Not really - Ozymandous on Mar 19, 6:08 PM
- If you're under the impression... - Jester on Mar 18, 8:41 PM
- Not you, no, but. - Ozymandous on Mar 19, 4:48 AM