Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • I have been playing that variant for awhile
    • KingOfPain (no login)
      Posted Jan 15, 2002 12:45 PM

> what is sucky is when you start on a small island though

The variant makes civ a bit more interesting when you are sick of the endless turns and updates of the million and one workers, friends and foes. I usually play on MON to EMP diff, with a small to the smallest map possible depending on the mood. I have been exploiting (umm experimenting) the Chinese head to head with any one other militaristic country. Not that there would be room for more but the key to that is there is no ally to trade goods and tech with and buy protection from. You have your loney self and that one aggressive enemy all to yourself, no buffering. There's only one way to win, the game won't (shouldn't) last long enough for any win other than conquest. Win or lose, it makes an action filled game right from the start of game. You have to be war ready from turn one - I had war declarations within the first 5 turns ;p

KoP

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on DiabloCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

(reserved) Other Quick Links - FAQ, History, etc..