Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Defining the Gothic Amazon
    • (Login Dr_Douglass)
      Posted May 20, 2003 7:11 AM

These are just my thoughts, ideas, etc, on blending these variants. I have put much effort into making a fine blend of the two, as both have a certain flavour to them, and share many of the same traits, training, and world views.

Apolleta is much like Baroque. She is a character I actually try to roleplay with, rather then just mindlessly play the game with.

When I started her, I knew I both wanted and needed an angle. A drive. Something to define her personality, her quirks, and make her something different rather then just another babe with a bow.

The Amazon variant is both frusterating, and brilliant, much like the Goth. They share so much in common.

Skills and training I wanted to refine, no, needed to refine. The Amazon and the Goth both train a little different, have different quests, etc, so there was much refinement needed to bring it into harmony with each other.

So when the idea struck me, a huge lightbulb went off in my noggin. I hope Charis wont be to angry with me for rewriting the rules a touch.

Apolleta is a Goth who knows nothing about her Amazon past. She seeks to reclaim her Amazon roots, as well as achieve Gothic glory. So, she went off on her quest of seeking out the lost Amazon skills.

She started in the woods, in a camp full of Rogues. She punched her way around the Blood Moor, finding a cracked club and then some superior javelins. She had heard stories of Amazons using Javelins so she used them. After clearing the Den of Evil, and gaining much experience into strange demon anatomy, she learned how to strike in a most deadly fashion.

And here is where her training goes off the beaten path of both Goth and Amazon routes.

After defeating Blood Raven, and getting Diane, the Nearsighted Rogue, after traveling together for a good while, Apolleta watching her carefully, Apolleta learned True Sight and Cold Arrow. Two skills she was sure were Amazonian in origin. Act 1 was spent playing two rolls. Learning vital bow skills from Diane, and mastering her javelins. Oh, and beating Griswold to death with Wirt's Leg.

Andy was quite literally SMASHED. I don't think she saw what was coming. I had 50% poison reduction, some rare stix, Hands of Broc from Coldcrow, and a few charms with cold damage. Andy was killed so quickly that Diane even survived.

Act 2 is going to be interesting. She has found the Legionaires, and will now try to emulate what she is sure is another Amazonian skill, Jab. She has hired Emilio as an instructor, and a pointy long stick from Fara. She is going to romp around act 2 in full spear gear. And she is probably going to get beaten up pretty badly. Good thing Emilio is also a medic.

In Act 3, she will hire an Ice Merc, her final companion, and learn much from him, developing the Amazonian magic within, and learn Ice Arrow. She will also switch to a bow most of the time.

Plans for later. Upon seeing those horrible frozen Gargoyles in act 5, her Gothic roots will take over and she will set everything around her ablaze with her rage, learning Immolation. And upon seeing Witches for the first time, her Amazonian roots will kick in and she will learn to destroy them with a terrible fury, Lightning Fury. I also plan for Freezing Arrow and a little Strafe perhaps.

Bosses will be handled slightly different, due to her special restrictions. Once she finds an Amazon class weapon, she will use NOTHING else. Diablo will have his chops smacked in three different ways, if all goes according to plan. I plan to nail him once with an Amazon class spear, then with javelins, then with a bow. All of Amazon origins.

Charis, any feedback or your feelings to these changes would be welcome, as would ideas or improvements. Well, from anybody for that matter

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Find more forums on DiabloCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

(reserved) Other Quick Links - FAQ, History, etc..