Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Okay
    • (Login Kylearan)
      Posted Feb 6, 2004 6:37 AM

Hi,

Ok, and the President cannot sponsor and pass an Economic Bill through Congress through his/her will alone, as he/she could do with ordering troops to go anywhere in the world.

Okay, good point. I should have thought of that myself, but I'm not very familiar with the structure of your administration or the power of the president and the Congress, so thanks for pointing that out. Our media always talks about "Bush's tax cuts" and such, so I guess I overestimated the president's power a bit.

I'm not sure, but while the president can order troops on his own, isn't a decision by the Congress needed for funding a war, thus limiting the president's power in reality? Sorry if I'm totally off-tangent again, but I seem to remember something like that from a book about the history of American foreign policy I recently read.

And I better shut up about this topic now since I know too little about the details. Thanks for all the replies though, very enlightening.

-Kylearan
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Find more forums on DiabloCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

(reserved) Other Quick Links - FAQ, History, etc..