<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Elitist

August 30 2001 at 6:18 PM
PrinceOfOuch  (no login)
from IP address 209.53.161.226

i have attepmted to revise this for D2X, since it doesnt seem to be done yet....
anyways post yur comments suggestions or opinions..

Elitist- - by Da O'Toth - Revised by PrinceOfOuch

Tag- SNOB

Class- Any

Items-
No normal, magic or rare items, uniques only. This may mean fighting with your fist for your first few levels
Since uniques are hard to find, they are allowed to receive one at birth, and henceforth on their 5th, 10th, 15th, etc. birthday. They of course can use all the uniques they find themselves.

Skills-
Only the most noble of skills may be used. Since these 'noble' skills are high level requirements, you may use the perquisites for them, but only 1 point to each and must use the most powerful one you have (e.g. glacial spike instead of ice blast, when possible)

Necromancers-
Poison and Bone Tree- Poison Nova, Bone Spirit
Curses- Lower Resists
Summoning Spells- Fire Golem, Revive

Amazons-
Javelin and Spear Skills- Lighting Fury, Lightning Strike
Passive and Magic Skills- Valkyrie, Pierce, allowed 1 point to each passive skill.
Bow and Crossbow Skills- Freezing Arrow

Assassin-
Martial Arts- Phoenix Strike
Shadow Disciplines- Shadow Master, Venom, Claw Mastery
Traps- Blade Shield, Death Sentry

Paladin-
Defensive Auras- Redemption, Salvation
Offensive Auras- Conviction, Fanaticism
Combat Skills- Fist of Heavens

Sorceress-
Cold Spells- Frozen Orb, Cold Mastery
Lightning Spells- Lightning Mastery, Thunder Storm
Fire Spells- Hydra, Fire Mastery

Barbarian-
War Cries- Battle Command, War Cry
Masteries- Weapon mastery of your choice, Natural Resistance
Combat Skills- Berserk, Whirl Wind

Druid-
Elemental Skills- Armageddon, Hurricane
Shape Shifting- your choice of Werewolf or Werebear form, Fury, may use lycanthropy as it is a mastery for shape changing
Summoning- Grizzly, Spirit of Barbs

and if this sint right according to D1 rules plz tell me!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login LemmingofGlory)
Realms Beyond Diablo

This takes me back...

August 30 2001, 7:41 PM 

...to when I was trying to revise the Elitist a year ago. That sparked a few threads... many folks gave input. And here's what I came to conclude...

I eventually decided that choosing "elite" skills was much too limiting, especially the way skills now interact with your equipment. I say, don't mess with skills.

Uniques-only fits, of course. I tried to incorporate Set item elitists, Gem elitists... into my version.

Although, what about Runic Items (my term for Rune Word items)? They turn gold (unique color). Would they be considered unique? I'd like to consider them such, and it'd be a neat way for Elitists to be able to make their own gear from something shoddy. (Unsure about giving such items as b-day presents, however.)

In addition to uniques, I'd say using Throwing Potions would be fine. They're "elite" in that - who the hell uses them? (Ok, I know some of us do, but does the general Bnet populace?) In my original version I allowed all non-crude/cracked/etc. Throwing Weapons. There were no mag/rare/uni throwables at the time, so I figured: what could it hurt? (Throwables were neglected anyway, so someone might as well enjoy them.) We might want to consider adding at least the Throw Potion aspect.

On B-Day Presents, with the new clvl restrictions on uniques, how would this be handled? I've thought that something along these lines would work:

"The B-day gift must be one that you can use between the time you receive it and your next birthday."

Those are my thoughts on the subject.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]

Respond to this message   
PrinceOfOuch
(no login)

Untitled

August 30 2001, 8:48 PM 

runeword items- possibly...once every 3rd birthday,(15 levels) and at that time only you may create an item of great power! you may make a rune word item, if u do not have the rune word item made by the time u level again, you may not make an item till your next 15th..

throwing potions, yeah sure they can be used, as for throwing weapons...well they have uni ones now!=)

as for skills i guess i agree, but why not leave them in as a playing option

again i agree with the must be able to use the Bday present between that time and next "Bday", that would prevent from saving up the items and having the char go Uber all of a sudden

also, if people want, maybe they can give a rune or a socketed item instead of a uni on bdays so they can craft/ make rune word later on?

Respond to this message   

(Login LemmingofGlory)
Realms Beyond Diablo

August 30 2001, 9:50 PM 

runeword items- possibly...once every 3rd birthday,(15 levels) and at that time only you may create an item of great power! you may make a rune word item, if u do not have the rune word item made by the time u level again, you may not make an item till your next 15th..

Probably unnecessary. I don't see SNOBs as wanting to make rune word stuff all the time.

as for skills i guess i agree, but why not leave them in as a playing option

Because I believe your list of "elite" skills is too limited.

again i agree with the must be able to use the Bday present between that time and next "Bday", that would prevent from saving up the items and having the char go Uber all of a sudden

Exactly.

also, if people want, maybe they can give a rune or a socketed item instead of a uni on bdays so they can craft/ make rune word later on?

Hmm, the Rune could be an option, but the rune must be usable between the b-day given and the next (even if the rune isn't used in that time). I don't much like the idea of getting a socketed item, though. It doesn't seem elite enough.

Putting in a line to the effect of, "But some SNOBs prefer to make their own rune words and do not get runes with their birthday presents." would be nice, too.

Respond to this message   
PrinceOfOuch
(no login)

Untitled

August 30 2001, 10:34 PM 

Probably unnecessary. I don't see SNOBs as wanting
to make rune word stuff all the time.

agreed, so then whenever they want to/can they are allowed to make runeword item?

ok, well just scrap it all together then?

Hmm, the Rune could be an option, but the rune must be usable between the b-day given and the next (even if the the idea of getting a socketed item, though. It doesn't seem elite enough.
Putting in a line to the effect of, "But some SNOBs prefer to make their own rune words and do not get runes with their birthday presents." would be nice, too.

ok then dont give the socketed item, but what do u mean by the last part?(in bold, if my formatting worked)
do u mean like as i was saying with skills, its optional to include giving runes for 'bdays'?

Respond to this message   

(Login LemmingofGlory)
Realms Beyond Diablo

Yes, yes, and yes.

August 31 2001, 8:38 AM 

Probably unnecessary. I don't see SNOBs as wanting
to make rune word stuff all the time.

agreed, so then whenever they want to/can they are allowed to make runeword item?

Yes. If they're lucky enough to find the runes to make an item that they like, I don't see a reason to make them wait.

ok, well just scrap it all together then?

Yes.

Putting in a line to the effect of "But some SNOBs perfer to make their own rune words and do not get runes with their birthday presents."

ok then dont give the socketed item, but what do u mean by the last part? do u mean like as i was saying with skills, its optional to include giving runes for 'bdays'?

Yes. It'd be optional to get runes for birthdays. Some SNOBs might be of the opinion that rune word items are special things they make for themselves, not things they're just given the components to create. But other SNOBs might not have a problem getting runes to make the rune word item he always dreamed of.

Respond to this message   
Lissa
(no login)

Suddenly pictures Lemmy as Madelyn Khan in History of the World... =Þ {nt}

August 31 2001, 12:14 PM 

Yes, no, no, no, no, no, Yes!, no, no, no, no, no, Yes, no, no, Yes!, no, no, no...

Respond to this message   
Hammerskjold
(no login)

If I remember that scene, Lemmy is choosing the consort of the night for the royal orgy...(vlt)

August 31 2001, 1:52 PM 

Uh, no offense, but that is a mental image that I could have done without. A libidinous, singing roman she-lemming.... shudder

Respond to this message   
Lissa
(no login)

I'm waiting to see Occhi expound on this one... *munches a handfull of popcorn* =Þ {nt}

August 31 2001, 2:46 PM 

munch munch

Respond to this message   

(Login ilbrutto)

Late Expounding: I was in Cleveland

September 5 2001, 3:43 PM 

Cleveland Rocks.

Gregory Hinds, and his three foot long tongue was nothing compared to the drooling I did in Cleveland. Best Kept Secret in America. What can I say?

Ian Hunter, 1978, "You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic"

That was the albun that had Cleveland Rocks on it. Same album had "The Outsider" which was a big hit.

Occhi

Respond to this message   
PrinceOfOuch
(no login)

heres a newer version

August 31 2001, 4:01 PM 

Elitist- - by Da O'Toth - Revised by PrinceOfOuch
Tag- SNOB

Class- Any

Items-
No normal, magic, rare or set items uniques only. This may mean fighting with your fist for your first few levels
Since uniques are hard to find, they are allowed to receive one at birth, and henceforth on their 5th, 10th, 15th, etc. birthday. They of course can use all the uniques they find themselves.

Rune Words-
When creating a rune word item, the item name goes gold and is given special attributes, these will be considered uniques. Therefore when the character is started you may decide if you will allow runes to be given in place of a unique item for that "birthday". But some SNOBs prefer to make their own rune words and do not get runes with their birthday presents, your choice.

Birthday Presents-
When giving an item for a birthday gift, the characters MUST be able to use this item between the time given and the next birthday.

And heres another idea-
Certain SNOBs are insulted by being forced to chase after enemies when they run in fear, thus they will either let their minions chase after them(necros, druids, amzs), taunt the monsters into a rage so they foolishly and recklessly attack them(barbs), or destroy the enemy with a ranged attack(any class using ranged weapons/spells)

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Elitist
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on DiabloCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

(reserved) Other Quick Links - FAQ, History, etc..